Budget family hotels in Paris

(9 Posts)
hillbilly Thu 06-Feb-14 14:18:14

We are planning to go this half term or a weekend in March. Any recommendations for somewhere inexpensive for us to stay, preferably central?

HanSolo Thu 06-Feb-14 22:56:33

What do you call inexpensive? Someone linked to airbnb the other day, and they have lots of reasonably priced accommodation (for Paris).
I also looked on Booking.com and found a few places with family rooms, £350 for 3 nights which I thought quite inexpensive for Paris (was appt, not hotel, so could cook etc)

sparrowcottage Fri 07-Feb-14 06:30:59

in the past we have used hotel Nestle, a budget recommendation from the rough guide about 20 years on our first trip to paris together and we still use it sometimes, shared bathrooms, breakfast is bread and jam eaten on the floor, but great decoration and good location on left bank. about 80 pounds a night. used to be about 30!

MrsPnut Fri 07-Feb-14 06:44:43

We've stayed at the Novotel at Gare du Lyon a few times. It will have been fairly cheap and they do a special kids breakfast on the first floor with some kind of entertainment every morning. Dd2 had the most amazing balloon model and a tattoo painting on her arm last time we were there.

hillbilly Fri 07-Feb-14 10:45:16

Thanks for the tips - my sister has recommended Novotel La Halles and I will look at Gare du Lyon as well. By budget I was hoping for around £100 per night but I guess that is being a little too optimistic! I have realised though that we can get very cheap Eurostar by booking a few months ahead which will also mean the weather should be more favourable smile

JammieCodger Mon 10-Feb-14 11:39:22

Think that must be a general Novotel thing, MrsPnut. We had the same at Novotel Montparnasse.

WallyBantersJunkBox Mon 10-Feb-14 18:13:12

There are about 8 B&B hotels in Paris. They normally start from around 49€ for a family room.

IsabellaRockerfeller Mon 10-Feb-14 18:22:49

Try www.airbnb.com lovely apartments in Paris.

hillbilly Tue 11-Feb-14 17:20:11

Thanks Wally I'll have a look. Isabella I looked at airbnb but we specifically do not want self catering!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now