Summer family beach holiday, where to go?

(8 Posts)
MrsS28 Thu 06-Feb-14 21:52:13

If you're travelling from Leeds/ Manchester, then I'd look at Jet2 Hilidays. They're much cheaper than all the others x

meerschweinchen Thu 06-Feb-14 21:37:15

If there's a group of you, would a villa not work out better? Might be more cost effective, and you could still have a few meals out etc. Otherwise, for 500 each, incl flights etc it does sound like it's pushing it, to get somewhere nice, esp as it will be school holiday prices. Might be an idea to go to a travel agent first to get some ideas, then research online to see if you can get a better price.

bonvivant Thu 06-Feb-14 21:00:32

I think you'll struggle on that budget, particularly in Italy/Sardinia and particularly for all inclusive. Maybe look at Turkey?

I'd look online for the best deals - usual suspects - Expedia, First Choice, Thomas Cook etc, travelsupermarket.com. Then check if you can get cash back via Quidco - might save you £100 or so.

MistletoeBUTNOwine Thu 06-Feb-14 11:22:34

Budget about £500 pp(ish) Would that get us somewhere nice? Fly from Leeds or Manchester preferably.
Best to look online, or a proper travel agency?

Calamityjude Thu 06-Feb-14 11:13:16

Majorca, Puerto pollensa. it seems to be recommended on MN. we are going there at easter, so it had better be good. <glares at mners> wink

meerschweinchen Thu 06-Feb-14 11:09:20

Sardinia! Lovely beaches, great for kids, lovely food.....

givemeaclue Thu 06-Feb-14 11:07:33

Sound lovely, what is your budget

MistletoeBUTNOwine Thu 06-Feb-14 11:06:39

There will be me, dp, dd (9), DS (6months), and probably my mum and dp's parents, BIL and SIL.
We'd like somewhere warm, pool, other kids for dd to play with, max 4 hr flight.
Pref half board or all inc. beach. Little town walking distance for meals out and ice creams etc. places I interest to visit.

Any recommendations?
TIA. Will be end of July.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now