Mobile home type thing - nightmare? St Malo area.

(8 Posts)
Sixtiesqueen Sun 16-Feb-14 01:48:18

Have you booked your ferry? The overnight Brittany ones book up quickly

JuanFernandezTitTyrant Tue 04-Feb-14 17:48:22

Have you looked at the Brittany ferries website? Not to book necessarily, but for inspiration? And Yelloh (the group that owns Le Ranolien) has lots of sites; we've been to several and they're all high quality.

24again Tue 04-Feb-14 16:28:43

LOL at the thought of my children as cultured! The war museums are very much their idea - we have trained them to think of a museum as a good source of entertainment! Think I am pushing it with the first week though, hence the bribe of the pools at the campsite. I have looked at Le Ranolien but it's a bit further down than I was thinking of, really fancy going to Mont St Michel, Dinan etc. Have changed the booking though so we now arrive in St Malo so it is possible...

JuanFernandezTitTyrant Tue 04-Feb-14 16:21:21

We've also been to Le Ranolien. It's not very far from Roscoff - maybe 2 hours at most? Perros Guirec (the town) is nice.

cheerup Tue 04-Feb-14 15:59:19

Your children are perhaps older and are almost certainly more cultured than mine but I would have a full scale revolt on my hands if I tried for two weeks of sightseeing. We manage a few days out of a fortnight with a lot of pool, playground, beach-time in between.

cheerup Tue 04-Feb-14 15:54:32

We've never had a problem with noise on a French campsite but then wouldn't expect silence except for between 11 and 7am. French sites are much nicer than UK ones with (in general) much higher standards. Have a look at Le Ranolien. It's in a beautiful setting, has lots of facilities and is walkable to beaches and town. The pink granite coast is stunning. I don't think its that far from Saint Malo but its definitely a long way from Calais.

dreamingofsun Tue 04-Feb-14 15:18:18

we've stayed at dol de bretagne a couple of times. there was some noise at night but there's also a lot to do onsite - 2 pool complexes. ukcampsites.co.uk has reviews of sites in france. this holiday worked well for us - the kids got bored in a gite - but we also know people who hated it - but they aren't great at being considerate to others, so i don't think that helped

24again Tue 04-Feb-14 07:24:58

Going the last two weeks in Jully. Already booked the second week in a gite near Bayeux and have ferry crossings. Going to do war museums in the second week - thought for the first week we'd do St Malo, Mont St Michel, Dinan, St Luminare, Cancales.
Children wanted somewhere with a pool, don't seem to be that many gites with pools, so I thought a nice mobile home on a small site with waterpools / slides etc would be good.
However never been to a campsite, very worried about being so close to everyone else and there being noise on a night, want it to be a holiday, not an endurance test! Any reassurances, suggestions for campsites near St Malo would be very much appreciated! Have looked at le P'tit Bois.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now