Camping la Sirene yay/nay?

(5 Posts)
makemineapinot Wed 12-Feb-14 23:12:23

We stayed closer to the beach at Camping la Bois du Valmarie and visited la serene as friends stated there. We all far preferred Bois du Valmarie - la sureness was too Brits abroad, too busy and expensive! Only diwn sued to Karen Valmarie was that it us hilly but you get amazing views of the sea and Pyrenees from the pool area. Also you are closer to walk into marina etc fir meals and drinks (and tat market) at night.

Milliways Tue 11-Feb-14 18:25:31

Again, we went a few years back one August and loved it too - agree that the entertainment was amazing. It was busy, and you had to get to the entertainment early if you wanted a seat, but it wasn't tacky or overcrowded and our kids had a blast.

You have to drive to the beach though (We now choose sites where the beach is walkable)

We were there 3 years ago and loved it. There in summer and not too mad, it's a big site. That year the entertainment was amazing - theatre company doing musicals - free and top class but obviously don't know if they still do that. Perpignan good for a day out.

Sunflower6 Tue 04-Feb-14 20:07:12

Do you mean la sirene near argeles in France? If so I have stayed there three times each time in May half term when it wasnt too crowded I have heard it is much more crowded in August

Please note that it is 5 years since I last went but we did enjoy each of our three holidays there. It is close to Spain if you fancy a change of culture.

I only havent been since then due to a change of circumstances (no holidays abroad since last trip to la sirene)

It wasn't like butlins when we went

Retropear Mon 03-Feb-14 14:49:52

How noisy/overcrowded is it and is it like Butlins?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now