Normandy?

(3 Posts)
zeebee Sat 08-Feb-14 16:46:14

We had a great holiday in Normandy last year, near Vire. We went on the Eurostar as other crossings £££ and we live much further north than you. Journey back was loooong though!

Our accommodation was a fair distance from places, eg 1 hour to WW2 sites, but v quiet and easy roads. The WW2 sites were a huge hit, especially with the 4 year old. Visited markets, pedalo on a river etc, mixed with days and half days knocking around the gite and indoor pool (invaluable!).

dreamingofsun Thu 30-Jan-14 19:11:47

brittany, next door? admittedly its mainly beaches, and good eating - but my lot seemed to be happy. though we did do eurocamp type hols, so tended to site see or beach part of the day and then they would play football/swim/go to the play park/play table tennis in the afternoon.

24again Thu 30-Jan-14 17:06:18

Have to travel the last two weeks in July and despite living in Yorkshire husband thinks it would be a good idea to get the ferry / Eurostar to Normandy. I just have visions of being in the car for days with a 6 and 4 year old. Also will we end up driving for ages once we get to Normandy to get to attractions? We normally like to do an outing in the morning and then get back and go in the pool. Everything seems to be spaced on on little country roads.
Have been to Normandy before but it was pre-kids and I can't think of much for them to do there except beaches and WW2 museums....
Can anyone give me any hope / suggestions of somewhere else?!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now