Ibiza recommendations please

(19 Posts)
BuzzardBird Mon 27-Jan-14 12:49:14

Just looking at Ibiza and would love recommendations for the right resort for us. We like self catering apartments overlooking the beach in an area which has bar and restaurants within a 10 min walk and no night clubs. Our DD is 7 so loves the pool and the beach.
We don't like resorts to be too busy but we like a good choice of restaurants.

Have looked at Portinatx but it doesn't seem to be the place for self-catering as not much in the way of restaurants around, seems to be more a hotel based place.

How big is Cala LLonga and Santa Eularia, do you think they would be better suited to us?

Any advice welcome TIA

WildThong Tue 28-Jan-14 13:53:16

Sounds like you have the same holiday preferences as me! Santa Eularia was recommended to me but I couldn't find the accomodation I wanted (really nice 2 bedroom apartment). We ended up booking at the next small resort down the coast - Es Canar and got really beautiful large apartment with air con/pool/ huge terrace etc.

Have a look at booking.com - some good apartments on there, La Perla is another good one I think but wasn't available for my dates.

BuzzardBird Wed 29-Jan-14 17:26:41

Oh, thank you Wild. Are there plenty of restaurants within walking distance in Es Canar as well?

WildThong Wed 29-Jan-14 18:04:57

Loads, apparently there is a mix of touristy and traditional restaurants with a good Italian and walkable to some others. (Can you tell I have been reading trip advisor for 3 weeks) grin
here
Hope you find something!

BuzzardBird Thu 30-Jan-14 11:56:16

I have been searching for a nice beach front location and some of the best reviews appear to be at the Hostels! This is quite scary but the reviews are good...and so cheap! Have been in touch with one this morning that said she can do a sea view apartment for the three of us for £626!! This can't be real can it?

WildThong Thu 30-Jan-14 17:12:07

Yes, could be right, I think hostels are small hotels, like b&bs? Not like the yoof hostels here! Is that for 1 week or 2? We were around £1100 for 2 weeks, 2 bedroom apartment with air con etc. I found our hotel by looking on trip advisor under 'speciality lodging'.

BuzzardBird Thu 30-Jan-14 22:50:36

Yes Wild, that is where we found it. It is 2 weeks but unlikely to be 2 bedrooms (but for that price we will cope). This is in the main school holidays and I got the flight for £700 for all three of us so I am currently thrilled. It doesn't have it's own pool but apparently there are plenty around and reviews on TA are really good so as long as she stays at that price I am going to book it. Can you remember which one you stayed at?

Awks Thu 30-Jan-14 22:55:53

I loved Santa Eulalia, it was just gorgeous. Lots to do, very pretty but easy to get elsewhere.

BuzzardBird Thu 30-Jan-14 23:47:48

Wanted Santa Eulalia but the budget only stretched to Es Cana...luckily not far away smile

WildThong Fri 31-Jan-14 12:43:14

Hi, I get so excited booking holidays - really something to look forward to. grin

Going to Cel Blau (sp). We wanted Es Cane but it wasn't available for my dates in July.

WildThong Fri 31-Jan-14 12:44:21

p.s. which one did you go for (if you don't mind my asking)

BuzzardBird Fri 31-Jan-14 13:28:52

Oh, we went for Vista Al Mar which is number 4 on TA. I think that for £626 for 2 weeks with a sea facing balcony we have done quite well, booked directly with apartments was a lot cheaper. Did notice that the flight times to Ibiza are generally really rubbish but managed to get mid afternoon flights with Jet2 who we flew with last year and they were really good.

I looked at Cel Blau too. Have fun smile

BuzzardBird Fri 31-Jan-14 13:32:01

I liked the oriental bedroom in the pics at the Cel Blau, if you get that room watch your ankles on the end of that bed grin

WildThong Sun 02-Feb-14 21:47:52

buzz Vista looks ideal. Hope you have a great time. Don't know your dates but just to let you know there is a local fiesta starts on the 10th July with street party/giant paella/live music and fireworks.

BuzzardBird Sun 02-Feb-14 21:56:54

Sounds fabulous Wild but we are not there until school holidays. That is why I was so shocked about the price. Hope you have a lovely time Wild

GeekLove Mon 17-Feb-14 22:36:48

I am going to bump this as I am planning on booking a sneaky holiday for spring half term for our 10 year anniversary.
We would like somewhere not too urban with some nice beaches and restruants. Having said that we'd be quite happy somewhere central if there is a nice beach. Are they mostly big hotels as we would like something a bit boutique or a B&B/apartment?

WildThong Wed 19-Feb-14 20:52:50

geek, Is it Es Cana in particular you are looking at? I don't think there are many (if any) really big hotels there, mostly small hotels/apartments type of thing.

GeekLove Sat 22-Feb-14 15:02:49

That sounds good also is it worth hiring a car or are the buses good enough? We would like to have the option of exploring if possible

WildThong Sat 22-Feb-14 19:19:47

From what I've read, there are good buses, taxis are quite cheap and a loads of boat trips too, so some different options for day trips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now