Lanzarote? Which part?

(30 Posts)

Anyone been to costa teguise or playa blanca?
Which is best??

All tips welcome

Jbck Tue 21-Jan-14 19:38:47

PB if you have small children, although I haven't been to Costa Teguise but friends with teenage children thought it suited theirs better.

Costa teguise has the water park playa banca when we visted there would have more cloud nice beach though

I used to vist porto del carman

Captainbarnacles1101 Tue 21-Jan-14 19:45:16

We went to Costa teguise when I only had the 2. They were 5 and 7. It was v v v windy and the pool and sea where freezing. It's not called breezey teguise for nowt. We got the bus every day to puerto del Carmen. I think that's where I'd go next time. PB was lovely too so if those are ur options choose PB. I'd never recommend CT

MrsBeep Tue 21-Jan-14 19:54:47

I would ask you if you have a family/kids? Or are you going on own or as a couple? I've been to Lanzarote 6 times, love the island and have been to most of it including Costa teguise and playa blanca.

HoneyandRum Tue 21-Jan-14 19:56:26

We went to Lanzarote a couple of years ago and would not go back.

It's for me, DH and 16 yer old DS, not been before but have done the other Canary Islands, just want a nice hotel near the beach within easy walk of shops/town centre, quite happy sitting on the beach with a bit of walking thrown in, PB and CT seem to have some nice hotels at a reasonable price, it's just or a week in April, as we go away for longer in Oct
Thanks for your help smile

Is the whole island v windy?

Yes but its fine even in oct you need it to cool down in aug we couldnt go to beach as the sand was so hot to walk on

Have you thought about doing self catering

MrsBeep Tue 21-Jan-14 20:45:18

It can be windy everywhere on the island, but like anywhere it is always more windy at the beach. I would say both places are a great choice. Try and do an excursion to the Fire Mountains, even a 16 yo would enjoy it. If you like wine then visit a couple of the bodegas in the region of La Geria, the wine is excellent, not expensive and you can only buy it on the island.

MrsBeep Tue 21-Jan-14 20:45:54

I would always go self cater.

We like half board or all inclusive, lazy

I'm just rubbish at choosing somewhere! Should just let DH book it reallygrin

BearPear Tue 21-Jan-14 20:47:37

I really don't like Teguise (and the water park is very dismal). Playa Blanca is lovely. I have a soft spot for Puerto del Carmen (clean, good beaches etc), and have been for the last 3 years in late September/early October. Just avoid the sports bars!

At the harbour in porto del carmen you can feed the fishes with bread there is a beach which has shallow water and fish will come up to you

AlwaysOneMissing Tue 21-Jan-14 20:51:25

I would recommend costa Teguise, we took a toddler and a preschooler there and there was loads for us all to do (even when it rained). We also had some childless adults in our party and they loved it too, nice cocktail bars, good restaurants.
I would go back (and I am very picky about holiday destinations!).
Playa Blanca is also nice, but pretty quiet.

Hulababy Tue 21-Jan-14 20:52:52

We went to Lanzarote just after Christmas, We stayed just outside of Playa Blanca, about a kilometre from the Marina Rubicon. It was lovely. Stayed AI at a 4 star hotel, which was very good. We don't usually do otels but just wanted some easy winter sun, and this ticked the boxes. Had lovely strolls to the marina - some nice bars and restaurants there - and to PB. Beach was nice and sandy, and then the walk the other way over to the much quieter, sandy Papagayos coves.
Had there been a rental car available - there wasn't! - we'd have had a drive round the island too.

TeaCupCrazy Tue 21-Jan-14 20:57:28

We always go to Playa Blanca. Been 6 times now I think. Dd is now 13 and she really likes it. Ds is 5 so he would like anywhere. It is windy though.

bumblebeebzz Tue 21-Jan-14 21:03:33

Love Playa Blanca. Have been many times over the past few years, as a teenager with my family and later with DH and DS. Always went self-catering.

Tell me more about peurto del carman!! Iv just found a nice hotel there! smile

The old port bit can be a bit tacty but there are some fab resturants by the harbour you can buy snokle and mask and see tons of fish moving from the hilly bit you have long long beaches with shops resturants etc when I was married to exh we had a time share there

When I last went there there was a ranch type thing that had cowboy themed had brill fun though its being some years since I went

The hilly bit of the the old town was where alot of the bars were may of changed though but that beach is fab

bumblebeebzz Tue 21-Jan-14 21:50:09

I also went to Puerto del Carmen in June 2012 and it was fab! no complaints. a little bit hilly but we weren't too far up for that to be a problem.

bumblebeebzz Tue 21-Jan-14 21:51:41

oh yes starsandunicorns Rancho Texas! we went there too and it was great! 1.5 yrs ago.

Ohh so glad its there still the line dancing!!!
the dishy men placing cowboy hats on your head for the photo
fond memoires of dd being 7 and getting upset when the man came back after dinner to collect his hat that he let her wear for a good hour he came back as he brought one for her !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now