Eurocamp-type site on beach, in easy reach of Rome?

(13 Posts)

We'd like to spend our summer holiday near Rome, ideally in a mobile home on a largish site next to a beach, with restaurants in walking distance. Ideally with good pools offering e.g. aqua aerobics etc, evening entertainment not essential but a site that would suit older teenagers. We no longer need kids clubs so happy to book independently. Anyone been to a site that ticks all these boxes? Or some of them? Thank you.

Bump grin

Creamycoolerwithcream Thu 16-Jan-14 16:27:12

I remember reading the nearest beach to Rome isn't that nice but the next one is. I think about 45 minutes from Rome itself. Have a look on trip advisor Rome forum. You can either post a question or see if anyone else has asked the same thing.

DelGirl Thu 16-Jan-14 16:35:50

I've been to baia domizia and can recommend but its between Rome and Naples. Other than that you'd probably have to go further north to find one with beach access. I can also recommend I pini, which is north of rome but its small and inland but a great sort of beach like pool there.

DelGirl Thu 16-Jan-14 16:38:24

With teenagers id say baia domizia. I'm sure they do excursions to rome if thats what you're after.

caketinrosie Thu 16-Jan-14 16:41:42

I've just booked camp fabulous with canvas for exactly what your describing. Not right next to a beach but not far off, very close to Rome though and site looks fine? Not been before so I'm an untested source grin

Clayhead Thu 16-Jan-14 16:45:47

We went to Camping Fabulous last year and we're going back this year, loved it! smile

Clayhead Thu 16-Jan-14 16:46:57

Caketinrosie, we loved the site, swimming pool was fab and the geletaria was amazing gringrin

Thanks everyone - yes we're looking at fabulous too. Thanks for the other pointers. Actually, as long as we can get to Rome easily, it doesn't matter if we're an hour or so away. Ideally reachable by train. We'll hire a car but would prefer not to have the parking hassle/expense of a big city. Will check out other recommendations, but maybe what I've just written will broaden the search a bit?

itwillgetbettersoon Thu 16-Jan-14 22:46:46

We went to parc albatros last summer. The parc organises day trips to Rome although we made our own arrangements staying there for one night. The camp site is great for teenagers and infact all ages.

thanks itwillgetbetter, will take a look

ihatethecold Tue 21-Jan-14 21:39:02

I've stayed at ipini and camping fabulous.
CF had great views of the Vatican in the distance, very easy to get to the city by train.
Lovely pool.
The only downside was the food on site was awful.

Ipini was a good distance away from Rome. Nice site though. Bit smaller than CF.

The nearest beach wasn't great, lots of people hassling us to buy stuff.
Ostia antica is deffo worth a visit, that's about 20 mins away from CF on the coast

thanks again everyone... all booked - guess it will be "spot the MNetter" at Camping Fabulous this summer..... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now