Eurocamp in July 2014

(12 Posts)
twosmallbuttons Mon 13-Jan-14 10:57:22

We are looking at going to the Loire with Eurocamp in July just after school finishes - it will be our first time :-)

Does the price of roughly £1200 sound right for a week's mobile home holiday?! It seems a bit of a joke price to me but then I have no idea what people normally pay for Eurocamping.

Do they have deals on, or have we missed those by now?

cheerup Mon 13-Jan-14 16:24:47

Depends... If it includes a Brittany Ferries crossing, a high spec mobile home, insurance/Eurocamp kids club etc, it's probably not over the odds . If not, its high. Eurotunnel or Dover ferry should be do-able for under £200 and booking direct with a 5* campsite for last week in July in a mid range 2 bed from about £750 (or less if you clean it yourself at the end of your stay). Smaller campsites could be much better value still.

If you want an English speaking kids club run to UK standards you are stuck with Eurocamp and Canvas hence the premium pricing but if that's not crucial you could probably do it for less booking direct.

Twitterqueen Mon 13-Jan-14 16:26:57

Eurocamp / Canvas etc are all expensive.

But as a 7-year veteran the holidays are fantastic for parents and kids alike.

Agree with cheerup - see if you can do it cheaper yourself.

Twitterqueen Mon 13-Jan-14 17:03:22

And if you shop at Tesco and do voucher exchange, take a look at Siblu holiday villages.

My accumulated vouchers helped me give my DDs a great post-separation holiday

GirlsonFilm Mon 13-Jan-14 17:07:39

Try Venue Holidays, I've just booked Brittany at half term for about 60% of the cost of Eurocamp with the same site, same ferry crossings.

dreamingofsun Mon 13-Jan-14 21:15:47

we went to vendee with canvas about 4 years ago and it was 3k for 2 weeks. But that was the biggest mobile with a dishwasher, an expensive crossing and expensive site. so 1200 sounds about right. if you can afford it i would go for a decent sized mobile - the first time we went for a very small one and kept bumping into things.

yes they normally have discounts. have you tried contacting several different companies and getting quotes. if you go mid week its generally cheaper

PortofinoRevisited Tue 14-Jan-14 09:00:26

They do have deals for early booking but unfortunately you have missed them now. Before xmas I booked 13 nights at Les Ranchisses with Keycamp and it cost £1600 for "posh" mobile. I have just booked a further week with Canvas in the Jura and that was £1200. It is one of their Family Extra sites though, so I guess that covers the kids clubs and activities.

2nd the advice to get the biggest/best mobile home you can afford - imhe it is always worth it. Siblu Esprit for example - no room to swing a cat - no room in the bedroom to get dressed even. Siblu - Elegance - absolutely fabulous. We had a washing machine in our last one.

rookiemater Tue 14-Jan-14 21:58:18

We looked at Eurocamp for the Dordogne, this was pre-Christmas, with discounts and I ended up getting a gite with shared facilities and pool for less than the price of a caravan. It's a shame as it would have been nice to give Eurocamp a go.

Here's a Eurocamp discount code that worked for me pre-Christmas and appears to be valid until March which gives 20% off in school holidays. [[www.ichild.co.uk/p/eurocamp-40-holiday-offer-2014 ]]

PortofinoRevisited Tue 14-Jan-14 22:18:52

I do think gites are cheaper. and I much prefer them But they cannot guarantee the same age children as yours and a bit of bloody peace and quiet wink This year the english gite owner assured me that there were kids the same age as dd there and said great chance for making friends. She neglected to mention that they were Dutch.

dreamingofsun Wed 15-Jan-14 08:49:39

whilst my husband and i prefer gites, the kids much prefered mobile homes until they were older (and then spent a lot of the time in the gite watching TV and online). they had such a great time using all the facilities and sports and having a bit of freedom. even my 3 year old was bored in the gite. so overall mobiles prooved a much better holiday for the family. even a group of gites with facilities has nothing like those of a good mobile site.....on saying that we are giting this year with an older child, partly because of the better broadband

Chopstheduck Wed 15-Jan-14 09:05:16

have you tried selectcamp? They usually work out cheaper, though you do have to have a clean up before you leave.

I've def never paid that much, they do have deals, though they seem to be getting more and more pricey since we first started doing them.

PortofinoRevisited Wed 15-Jan-14 09:18:25

My dd (9) definitely got bored by the pool this summer. It was a bit annoying as I had budgeted out days out balanced by pool days - and we ended up going out more to stop the moaning. She would rather sit in the gite and watch inappropriate things on French tv, than sit by the pool. hmm But it turns out she is a huge fan of more active pursuits - loves the tree climbing courses, and boats, and canoes etc - so this year I have based the holiday around these things - and kids clubs - and normally she makes friends round the pool. Both campsites I picked have a huge range of stuff to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now