New to Package Holidays, Please Help Me Find One :-)

(28 Posts)
Theonlyoneiknow Sun 12-Jan-14 23:39:22

Hi,

We have two DC aged 4 and 18mo. We have never been on a package holiday before but seeing as this is the last chance we have to go out of the school holidays thought we would get away abroad in May or early June. We took the kids abroad last summer but did a separate fly, car hire, stay with relatives trip to the Alps which was great but looking for something a bit different this year.

Thoughts are
1) preferably all inclusive. I get fed up of cooking all the time at home so be nice to have a break, plus know that don't have to pay for food when there. Or is it cheap enough to eat out for lunch and dinner in some countries?
2) four hours max flight (from Scotland), not keen on Turkey or Egypt
3) some pools with kids slides and things in them
4) kids clubs available but not a total necessity
5) happy to hire a car and drive around rather than be on the beach or pool every day (is this contradicting what I am after?!)
6) interconnecting room for,the DC so we can sit and enjoy a drink on an evening

Would be grateful for any suggestions as I really don't know where to start!

DP and I are both pretty sporty and love surfing and the mountains!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

TOOIK

sailorsgal Mon 27-Jan-14 17:08:19

There are some lovely parts of Majorca but I would opt for June as Spain was unusually cold in May when I was down that way last year.

Theonlyoneiknow Mon 27-Jan-14 17:42:58

The other drawback with Crete is the longer flight although the transfer is short. Having DD on my knee for the flight isn't appealing! We did it last year when we went to France but it was only 2 hrs so bearable!

Theonlyoneiknow Mon 27-Jan-14 23:23:09

Would you recommend the holiday village Majorca over Ibiza? Bit concerned May might not be warm enough but DD turns two mid June and have a wedding on 31st may so need to squeeze it in there somehow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now