whats so special about nerja?

(6 Posts)
ssd Sun 12-Jan-14 21:03:43

have read a lot about it here, is it good for teenagers?

3catsandcounting Mon 13-Jan-14 09:14:21

We went last year with our teen DD and DS. it's lovely but wouldn't say it was that special. The old town is lively in the evenings, plenty of bars/restaurants. Everyone raves about Burriana beach but its too much like sardines for me; we got in the car and found some lovely little secluded beaches in coves which were great for snorkelling. I would say its more a place for very young families and older people, although it is hilly in parts. We stayed for 10 days in a villa in the Capistrano area (there's a widespread complex there too.) The kids enjoyed tennis (in the evening, too hot during the day) and the Nerja Caves but otherwise not that much to entertain them. For older teens there's Tutti Frutti Square in town where they all hang out but ours were too young for that! It's so difficult to plan for teens, I'm having same problem this year, funnily enough have been looking at Lake Garda!!

3catsandcounting Mon 13-Jan-14 09:22:42

Oops - got mixed up with another thread - ignore the bit about Lake Garda - it will make no sense to you!!

ssd Mon 13-Jan-14 17:30:20

thanks, actually I might be on the Lake Garda thread grin, is it good for teens then?

We got engaged there grin (we were 18)
Had lots of fun

3catsandcounting Mon 13-Jan-14 19:40:27

Aah, Jazz, 18!!!
Anyway, yes I think Lake Garda looks good for teens; lots of watersports, and I suppose I could stand a day at the theme park(!). We want to see Verona and Venice too. It's where to stay and what accommodation that's confusing me! After a villa with a pool in Nerja last year, will I be happy in a mobile home with a load of other people on-site? or do we go for an apartment within walking distance to shops/bars etc? Never really done hotels so wondering about that too!! Promised the DCs that we'd find something with more to do this year. Another evening on the iPad!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now