Can anyone recommend a self catering place in Crete.

(5 Posts)
goingtobefree Sun 12-Jan-14 15:25:36

Planning for May half term, want to go to Greece.
flying into Chania(have not booked it yet) and need somewhere to stay 30mins from the town as have not decided if we would hire a car. Never driven in Europe before - so bit wobbly with this idea.

Have also been looking at Teneriffe... but swayed by the history to Greece
Pressure is on to get this right as we went to Morocco last time - really struggled with food, but enjoyed the country.

WholeNutt Thu 30-Jan-14 13:18:07

No accommodation recommendations as such but Crete is beautiful and fairly easy to navigate by car. Have you thought about renting a villa?

NigellasDealer Thu 30-Jan-14 13:20:43

if i were flying into Chania I would rent a car and drive south to Paleochora, more than 30 mins though. have not been there for years so cannot recommend a place to stay

Bea Sun 02-Feb-14 23:14:36

www.crete-escapes.com/crete-villas-vamos-amaltheia.htm
we stayed here 2 years ago and it was complete and utter bliss! The villa was ultra secluded and it was the most relaxing holiday we have ever had...
a car is a must though but relatively easy to get to!
Amazing place... loved it! If you do decide to go pm me and i'll dig out my travel diary where I wrote down all the fantastic places we went too!
We actually went to Tenerife this year... and although it was lovely... I preferred crete....

goingtobefree Mon 03-Feb-14 21:47:37

Sorry,did not see these messages till today
Still not sorted out the holiday but will look at the recomnendations

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now