Accomodation in Amsterdam

(10 Posts)
beatricequimby Sat 11-Jan-14 22:28:44

Any recommendations for reasonably-priced, family-friendly accomodation in Amsterdam? 3 dcs under 12 so maybe an apartment rather than a hotel?

dannydyerismydad Sun 12-Jan-14 20:38:47

There are some great, really reasonably priced apartments right in the centre. Google The Monk, Amsterdam.

Otherwise, you might want to consider Center Parcs in Zandvoort. Way cheaper than UK Center Parcs, close to the beach and only a 20 minute train journey into the centre of Amsterdam.

OldBeanbagz Mon 13-Jan-14 14:33:13

The Monk advertises itself as being in the Red Light District which i wouldn't have thought suitable for DC under 12!

Have you tried Airbnb? We've used the site to book apartments abroad.

dannydyerismydad Mon 13-Jan-14 14:43:09

The Monk is on the edge of the Red Light District. Leave and turn right, and you're where you wouldn't take kids. Turn left out the front door and you're at the beautiful Nieumarkt. I would have no issues taking my DS to stay there.

OldBeanbagz Mon 13-Jan-14 15:00:44

Ok, it just seemed strange to have it on the front page of their website.

sofi0308 Tue 14-Jan-14 23:20:20

house boat via air bnb for sure, jsut about to book one myself.

dannydyerismydad Wed 15-Jan-14 17:14:19

I guess it's a selling point. It's why a lot of people go to Amsterdam hmm

beatricequimby Fri 17-Jan-14 22:54:14

Thanks all, will have a look at some of these. Dcs would love a houseboat or Center Parks. Although not sure I can face Center Parks myself.

dannydyerismydad Sat 18-Jan-14 07:38:21

The Zandvoort Center Parcs is just 20 or 30 minutes to Amsterdam by train. It's actually located right on the edge of a small holiday town, so not as remote as the UK ones, and therefor less of a compound. You would be in walking distance of both the town, the station and a lovely sandy beach. The sea will always be freezing and murky though.

beatricequimby Sat 18-Jan-14 21:26:23

Danny - thanks, we live in Scotlandso used to a freezing sea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now