Child friendly place to stay 2 hours NW of Barcelona?

(4 Posts)
IsabellaRockerfeller Tue 07-Jan-14 20:20:54

This is a bit of a long shot!

We are doing a long drive and need to break it up by staying somewhere approx 2 hours North-West of Barcelona.

We will be with our 2 DC.

Does anywhere know of a nice place we could stay? I don't know that area at all so even a recommendation of a nice town would be great.

Thanks!

popflos Wed 08-Jan-14 10:35:06

where are you headed? sounds like the middle of nowhere! is this a summer in the pyranees or on your way to a ski trip? Manresa is a hole. hotels are both terrible. if you are headed for the boarder, stay in puigcerda on the spanish side of the boarder not the french town 2 mins further..

thatwasmyfavouritedress Thu 09-Jan-14 23:09:13

Hi, we stayed here for a week last summer at the end of a month in catalonia. it's literally a couple of hours north west of barcelona! we drove them from barca. i can't recommend it highly enough. lovely family hotel with nice atmosphere. the location is gorgeous and the pool and rooms are lovely and the food is good. great place for kids - playground, table tennis, football pitch. we took two adjoining rooms so had our own room with the 3 children next door. plenty of room for them to run around outside too. i hope you like it.
www.canboix.cat

IsabellaRockerfeller Fri 10-Jan-14 21:22:37

We will be heading up to the french border to stay in the Pyrenees.

Thanks for the suggestion thatwas, I'll check it out!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now