Tenerife hotel recommendations please

(10 Posts)
Chewbecca Tue 07-Jan-14 19:36:34

Must have a heated pool and also be in the South I think (for the better weather).
Character place preferred but not essential, prepared to spend up to €200 a night I guess so neither top of the range nor bargain bucket. (For 2 adults, 1 10 yo child that is)

Any suggestions please?

Bumblebzz Tue 14-Jan-14 09:46:34

Just bumping this as I am also looking at going in early April and interested to hear recommendations.
Don't need childcare/kids' clubs but do need pools (ideally at least one heated), very near beach and general niceness.

magimedi Tue 14-Jan-14 10:08:27

Jardines de Nivaria in COsta Adeje is amazing - we got a late, great deal there in December.

Beautiful salt water heated pool. Most of the clientel were German & age 50+ so not so good for kids. Right be the front. 20 mins from airport but no plane noise.

SwimmingMom Tue 14-Jan-14 18:34:24

Iberostar hotel. Very 5 star, lavish buffets, 3 pools - one kiddie pool, one heated pool, one saltwater cold pool, private beach area & excellent facilities. Complimentary visit to a private onsite Spa with all types of therapeutical pools & water massages! Their January sale is on, I think I have the code somewhere..

rookiemater Tue 14-Jan-14 21:52:41

I'd second the Iberostar Anthelia - although I'd say it's pretty close to top of the range. The do a suite room with an upstairs and downstairs so your 10 yr old could sleep downstairs.

Or another option is Regency Country Club. It's not on the beach, it's in the hills, but 10 mins drive away from the beach and they have a regular bus. Lovely big heated pool and apartments rather than a hotel room, but serviced every day.

Chewbecca Tue 14-Jan-14 22:48:58

The flights I had my eye on last week have rocketed in price since (angry) so Tenerife is off my list for the moment.
Will keep a note for another time though and hope these recommends help you bumble

BB01 Wed 15-Jan-14 15:51:29

Sandos San Blas is fabulous

Bumblebzz Wed 15-Jan-14 21:21:45

Thanks all. Anthelia was top of my list but then we got scared that the vicinity might be horrible. We've been to the Princess Yaiza in Lanzarote which was fab, including the location, is Costa Adeje anything like Playa Blanca?

principalitygirl Thu 16-Jan-14 16:54:37

Be very careful if booking Costa Adeje that your accommodation really is in that bit, rather then Playa De las Americas. They're next door to each other and we ended up literally over the border in CA but it was like being in PDLA really as we weren't near the nice bit of CA. Dubious description by tour operator!! Car hire was cheap though fortunately!

rookiemater Thu 16-Jan-14 21:39:34

Anthelia is in a nice location - to the right is the Del Duque area which has lovely upmarket restaurants and shops, although the Del Duque beach is a good 10 min walk unfortunately.

To the left, its definitely Costa Adeje, not PDLA - although you can walk along to it in around 15 mins.
In the immediate vicinty are good mid priced restaurants, it's certainly a nice area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now