All inclusive for family of 5 - interconnecting rooms a must

(24 Posts)
FiveStar Fri 03-Jan-14 16:09:45

Hi I am looking for recommendations for good all inclusive holidays somewhere sunny in Europe for May. The problem we are having is that we are a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids who will all be under 9 when we go) and none of the hotels we have looked at can offer interconnecting rooms and/ or will not provide 3 beds in one bedroom (for the kids) with a joining bedroom for us adults. Much as I love my children I do not want to spend two weeks with one of them sleeping on a sofa bed in our room. That is not a holiday in my eyes smile

It is our tenth wedding anniversary while we are away so we are looking for somewhere a bit special.

Other criteria (apart from all inclusive and not being expected to share our bedroom with our children) is that it has some sort of reliable kids club/ activities, a pool and is within say 4 hours flight.

Many thanks for any recommendations smile

acrabadabra Fri 03-Jan-14 16:37:42

Also interested in recs. We're looking to go away round the same time.

tangledzebra Fri 03-Jan-14 17:53:49

I just posted a thread about this but am trying to get all inclusive for the summer but am having the same experience- it's very frustrating! Will be interested in responses as well.

Waggamamma Fri 03-Jan-14 17:55:49

Have you tried the first choice holiday villages? They usually do larger family suites / apartments.

BackforGood Fri 03-Jan-14 18:04:09

Well, it's not in Europe, but still a short flight. We've been Here in Tunisia, and had an interconnecting room for our 3. We don't use the kids club so don't know about that, but the food was gorgeous, and the price cheaper than Europe, which is always a bonus.

FluffyDavis Fri 03-Jan-14 18:12:12

We booked a two bed apartment in a first choice holiday village a whole year in advance. Myself, dh and three children, one on sofa bed in lounge-perfect.
They emailed me a week before we were due to leave saying they only had a one bed available shock but I could change hotel/destination if I wanted.
It was booked for the half term break and there was nothing else left anywhere because of the short notice!
Ended up with three single beds in the lounge area leaving literally NO floor space!
Would never book with them again.

loopsngeorge Sat 04-Jan-14 00:20:03

We have just booked Club Letoonia in Fethiye, Turkey for May half term. They do family bungalows which are two interconnecting rooms, or six bedded villas as well I think. Kids clubs, pools, mini discos galore! www.letoonia.com

Creamycoolerwithcream Sat 04-Jan-14 09:40:14

Check out Mark Warner, I have booked with them a few times and they offer interconnecting rooms and family size suites and childcare/activities.

RedNats5 Sat 04-Jan-14 16:21:02

We are a family of 5 and have had family duties at Sani in halkidiki and also a 2 bed villa at daios cove in Crete, neither cheap but both were excellent

RedNats5 Sat 04-Jan-14 16:21:44

That should be family suite not duties! Sorry!

MikeLitoris Sat 04-Jan-14 16:26:57

We are going to turkey in May as it was the only place we could get a room big enough for 5 for under £2500.

We are staying here

Wouldn't be my first choice of holiday but the dc are looking forward to it.

Egg Sat 04-Jan-14 16:40:32

We stayed at Lykia World in Olu Deniz in Turkey last year and are going again (it's now called Liberty Hotels Lykia or similar). We had two interconnecting rooms and our three children all slept next door. Free kids clubs every day which were very good and tons of water slides etc. All inclusive and wine served in litre bottles...

MikeLitoris Sat 04-Jan-14 16:49:18

Sorry I meant to say we have a duplex room booked. The dc will sleep upstairs and us down.

FiveStar Sat 04-Jan-14 18:49:46

thanks everyone for the answers so far. Will look into them. Any more to come are still welcome smile

We have been twice to Aquamarina beach club in Portugal where we could get two connecting rooms, one with 3 beds for the kids, all inclusive for a good price. Lovely beach and food all inclusive. But wanted something different and a bit more luxurious this year.

FiveStar Sat 04-Jan-14 18:51:04

To Rednats5 - have looked at Sani as it has v good reviews but can't see that all inclusive is available, did you go on that basis? We liked look of Oceania club also in Halkidiki but they won't allow 3 beds in one room

Budgiegirlbob Sat 04-Jan-14 23:21:10

We are a family of 5 and last year stayed at the Gural Premier in Belek, Turkey.

They have family suites, which are two good sized rooms, one double, one twin with high quality camp bed. Only one bathroom, but each room has it's own tv, air conditioning, mini bar and balcony.

Fab hotel, lovely buffets with a huge choice to suit all tastes, proper drinks (lovely cocktails, decent enough wine and beer, branded soft drinks such as coke, Fanta). Nice pools, good kids club, and it's own large waterpark.

We liked it so much we've booked again for next year.

GreenShadow Mon 06-Jan-14 15:31:36

We've not had a problem finding interconnecting rooms when we've wanted them in the past.
Agree with Egg that Lykia World is wonderful and definitely worth looking at (we also had interconnecting rooms) although we only needed beds for 2 in each room so can't comment on the 3-bed issue.
We also had interconnecting rooms here in Corfu a few years ago and there we did have the 3 DC together in one adjoining room.

slalomsuki Mon 06-Jan-14 18:04:52

We are 5 also and have had some great all inclusive holidays in Majorca, lanzarote, Portugal and Crete booked either through easy jet holidays or jet 2 holidays. Each time we have stayed in an Aparthotel which gave us 2/3 bedrooms and a lounge/kitchen. In Portugal we had two lounges and an almost private pool for £3K in July including flights.

principalitygirl Tue 07-Jan-14 12:03:41

We stayed at the insotel Punta prima in menorca with first choice last October. I think it meets your criteria and I'd recommend it. We had a great time on our first hol abroad with a one year old.
A trusted friend of mine with a child of a similar age just got back from the Papagayos in Lanzarote with Thomas Cook and said it was great.

principalitygirl Tue 07-Jan-14 12:06:03

Sunsail have great beach clubs too. V family friendly but not AI, just very
good HB. Great kid's facilities too, though we holidayed with them pre-baby. A bit prices I think though, but we got a great early season deal.

FiveStar Sat 11-Jan-14 16:28:49

Thanks to everyone for the help smile I looked at all of them and we booked the Punta Prima in the end as it had two bed aptmts available which seemed able to cope with our set up, decent flight time, AI and plenty of activities for the kids. I appreciate the tips smile

Principalitygirl great to hear you have been here and recommend it. If you have any top tips about the resort please ping them over! I am going to email the hotel when it reopens to tell them it will be our anniversary and see if they can give us a nice room or something special smile

principalitygirl Sun 12-Jan-14 13:48:13

Oh excellent FiveStar! Yeah, I'll post my tips here later on..

principalitygirl Thu 16-Jan-14 12:15:36

FiveStar, we requested a sea view and got one. Our room was near the bottom swimming pool and had no other buildings in front of it. Think about whether you want ground floor or upper floor rooms and request accordingly. Interconnecting rooms might restrict what's available - not sure.

The top pool has amazing views and is generally quieter. We tended to eat at the Italian restaurant there for lunch. Make sure you book in there as soon as you arrive for your included a la carte dinner once during the week too - the food was great!

There are a couple of v well stocked mini marts in punta prima itself - not bad prices considering and they sell pretty much everything incl all sorts of beach gear and souvenirs.

You can hire nice beach towels at the info centre - 20euro deposit each - as well as tennis racquets (free) and bikes ( also free) and book tennis courts. They'll also have details of free classes - Pilates and yoga - and other organised activities e.g. Nordic walking!! Lots of Germans stay there and participate a lot in these things but DH and I are a bit German I
think as we love all that stuff too! smile

I'm sure you'll have a great time!

principalitygirl Thu 16-Jan-14 12:50:21

Oh, and there's a play area in the hotel grounds and there's a couple of others in Punta prima town.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now