city and beach combination ideas

(11 Posts)
LaFlotte Fri 27-Dec-13 09:25:41

Hi!
Last year we did a two centre holiday with Sorrento for a week followed by a few days in Rome. It was a brilliant holiday and we would like to do something similar this summer.

Does anyone have combinations that have worked well?

Not Paris as we are going there on another trip but any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

imme Fri 27-Dec-13 09:32:07

Barcelona?

LaFlotte Fri 27-Dec-13 10:04:58

Hi Imme,

Barcelona would be a good one...what would be a good beach/relaxing week beforehand? Would Sitges be a good idea?

Thanks!

TurnOffTheTv Fri 27-Dec-13 10:08:48

Barcelona has a beach, I think that's what she meant grin

OttilieKnackered Fri 27-Dec-13 10:13:09

I second Barcelona. The thing that makes it such a great combo is the city/beach aspect. It really is great. Proper city and proper beaches.

We are going to Dubrovnik in 2014 for this very reason. Have booked a nice apartment over looking harbour & flights with jet2 all very reasonable.

Croatia could be a possibility?

Quodlibet Fri 27-Dec-13 10:17:31

Turkey: a week in Cirali or somewhere near Dalaman, then cheap internal flight to Istanbul.

LaFlotte Fri 27-Dec-13 10:26:41

Ooooh thanks guys. Will look into all these ideas....

Sorry I was being a bit thick about the Barcelona idea!! Sounds great though.

imme Fri 27-Dec-13 15:44:39

Our neighbours took Ryanair last year into Girona airport and hired a car and went to one of the resorts around the Costa Blanca. Then to Barcelona. I believe t was a two week trip.

mummymeister Fri 27-Dec-13 19:47:09

we went to Barcelona for a short break and didn't even get chance to go on the lovely beach. depending on when you go there is a theme park with rides just up the coast. pm if you want details of the fab apartment we stayed in.

Shesaysso Fri 27-Dec-13 21:57:45

We did 4 nights in Venice and Lake Garda (10 days) last year - was great x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now