Cost of family holiday to Menorca - how much????!!

(5 Posts)
ToffeeJungle Mon 18-Nov-13 13:28:17

We're thinking of going away to Menorca in June next year.
Just a cheap package holiday for me, DH & Ds who will be 1.
Don't mind flying on budget airlines though do want decent accommodation - clean, good facilities, near the beach etc. One hotel we're eyeing up is the Royal Son Bou, in Son Bou.

Just had a quick look and prices seem to be around the £1200 mark shock - to me this seems expensive - is it??!
Are we being naive in thinking we can get it cheaper and this is the going rate????

EmmaP1 Mon 18-Nov-13 13:47:28

That sounds about right for the Royal Son Bou, it's not a cheap hotel. If you went for a different hotel you would probably be able to manage it for around £800 total instead.
Try the Valentin Son Bou instead, it's 4* and still offers half board too. It's walking distance to the beach but there is a shuttle bus service too if you don't fancy carrying everything down there.

Bigbrassband Mon 18-Nov-13 14:03:14

As your DS is only 1, you could go earlier or later in the year to avoid paying peak prices, and still take advantage of the sun.

ToffeeJungle Mon 18-Nov-13 14:26:00

Thanks.

We are avoiding the school holidays - we don't really want to go any earlier as the weather might not be as good (as a beach holiday we really need it to be warm & sunny!) and my DH doesnt want to go when the World Cup is on! This takes us into late July when it will be school holidays.... until September time but we want (need?!) a break before then!

diabolo Thu 28-Nov-13 20:47:10

Menorca is well known as one of the more expensive Med destinations.

Bloody well worth it though if you can! smile

PS the Royal Son Bou is in a great position, near the utterly fabulous beach, it is a gorgeous pretty resort, not too busy, not too quiet.

This is a good website to book apartments through if you fancy doing independent, we've rented a couple through Gillian - all great.

www.gwvillarentals.com/property-rentals/?Refine=Apartment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now