Easter sun for a week - Lanzarote?

(9 Posts)

We normally self cater and travel independently for our main holiday. This year i fancy a week at Easter too and considering packages for once. So far Play Blanca in Lanzarote is looking good.

Criteria:

Direct flights from Edinburgh (Glasgow or Newcastle would be ok)
Beach & heated pool
Gated pool if villa
half board or B&B not all inclusive
walking distance to interesting town/cafes/restaurants
no need for kids clubs
pref no need for hire car
less than 4 hrs flight time ideally
Nice food &wine

DD will be almost 3 and DS almost 6. They love swimming but the water has to be warm!

Any recommendations? I am finding it hard to find nice villas with Gatedd heated pools. We could all share a room for making week but I would prefer a villa so DH and I could have some evening time.

Ruthiebabes Sun 17-Nov-13 13:29:12

Hi

Las Brisas resort in Playa Blanca gets good tripadvisor reviews, not stayed there but have been reading up about the Island as we are going to Puerto Del Carmen in May.

The accommodation is in villas with a heated pool, properties on www.ownersdirect.co.uk etc

DameDeepRedBetty Sun 17-Nov-13 13:32:45

We went last summer, we did hire a car (from Autoreisen, they were brilliant and cheap) as there is so much to see and the excursion coaches were a bit of a rip-off.

Ruthie, I thought Puerto del Carmen was the grottiest of the main resorts - although we had a great time swimming in the fish on the day we visited.

Thanks for replying I will take a look at Las brisas

EmmaP1 Mon 18-Nov-13 13:28:24

The Cay Beach Sun in Playa Blanca is a good choice, it's walking distance to the beach and has 3 pools, 2 outdoors both of which are heated and one indoor one too. They have one bedroom apartments so you would have a seperate bedroom area and a balcony or terrace to sit out on but they do half board too so no need to cook.

bitofabelly Mon 25-Nov-13 19:41:18

Hi there....just wanted to send you link to this villa which we are looking at for next october...owner seems to be irish...i have mailed him about one or two things and the location looks fab....

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/VacationRentalReview-g652121-d3953853-Casa_Innismore-Playa_Blanca_Lanzarote_Canary_Islands.html

Hope that helps

popflos Mon 25-Nov-13 20:32:28

have a look at
http://thetrunkifiles.com/ for a good reveiw of lanzarote, very clear on all the tips and things to do. and for kiddy hols in general

great links thanks!

fussychica Tue 26-Nov-13 18:25:53

We are off to PB for a week next week - yay! Haven't been for 10 years as been living in Spain. Hope we still love it as much a we used to. Missing the sun so hoping it's usual good weather there.

Lots of the villas have heated pools but gated is a rarity. Not hiring a car will restrict you a bit as some of the nicest villa are towards the rear of the resort - best views but a walk down to the front everyday. Hope you find the perfect place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now