Christmas suggestions please

(6 Posts)
octaviarose Thu 07-Nov-13 15:51:31

So we (DH and two children 1 and 3) have just found out that not only are we going to have time off from work over Christmas we also have a bit of spare money. As we don't often have Christmas off work we are considering going away. Somewhere hot would be fab but any family friendly suggestions would be great. Thank you.

mummymeister Fri 08-Nov-13 22:09:28

if you are planning to be away for the actual day bear in mind the logistics of taking all the presents/santa finding you at your new place. its a bit of a nightmare. also look on other threads as this is a v v expensive time of year to travel. hope you have a great time.

givemeaclue Sat 09-Nov-13 15:22:38

Christmas very expensive everywhere and obviously not very hot in most of Europe so further afield eg Caribbean, dubai for hot weather. Canaries would be warm, but not hot.

Have a lovely time

octaviarose Mon 11-Nov-13 21:31:53

Thanks so much for all the advice ladies!

Lovage Wed 13-Nov-13 13:25:52

We spent Christmas in Seville years ago pre kids, and it was great. Warm enough that you could just take a light coat and sometimes sit outside without wearing a coat at all. Not hot obviously, but it was great to go from miserable gloomy UK to (almost always) sunny Seville.

We stayed in an apartment in the city centre and there was loads to do in Seville. I should think your 3 yr old would enjoy the Real Alcazar, which is fantastic for adults too. Mostly it didn't feel hugely Christmassy, I think because it was just so different from being at home, although the apartment-owners had put up a tree and decorations. But the shops were beautifully decorated with Christmas lights and things.

It was no more expensive than other times of the year - the price for the flat we rented was basically one price all year round and then a higher price for their peak season which is Semana Santa and some other week in the spring I've forgotten the name of. Ooh, and the flat we rented had a rooftop jacuzzi, which we used every day! Perfect and would work brilliantly for you once the kids are in bed. (I'm not on commission, honestly! Here's the link to the flat we had, in case you're interested http://www.sanandresapartment.com/ )

We flew with a budget airline and I don't remember it being particularly expensive - we did book quite a while in advance though.

And if your kids are only 1 and 3, I'd guess they're not so big on the Christmas trimmings yet?! Mine weren't at that age. As long as Santa came, I don't think they'd have cared about any other Christmas trappings.

Go for it! Have a fabulous time wherever you decide to go.

CreamyCooler Wed 13-Nov-13 15:45:24

Not hot but we had a lovely Christmas at Center Parcs. We booked lots of activities such and as horse and carriage ride to santa's grotto, brunch with Santa etc. We also ordered a Christmas tree, decorations, hamper and turkey that was delivered to our lodge. The whole place was beautifully decorated. It felt like the best of two worlds, a great Christmas and a holiday all in one. We preferred it to when we went skiing in Italy another Christmas as it just didn't seem as big or good there. Another year we took the DC to a hotel outside of Dublin called Druids Glen for the New year period. It is 5 star and so family and everyone friendly. Although I wasn't there for Christmas I can imagine it would be really good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now