NICE restaurant, Champs Elysees area, Paris?

(17 Posts)
Undeuxtrois Wed 23-Oct-13 17:33:39

Bewildering array of restaurants to choose from, in the Champ Elysees area - can anyone recommend a few? Has to be decent food and I realise we will be paying tourist prices but tbh it's a one off and that would bother me less than getting 'ok' food. It's family's first time in Paris, I'd like them to have a nice memory of a good meal in a good Parisian location. Anyone?

iklboo Wed 23-Oct-13 17:38:57

Marking my place. We're in Paris next week!

BeckAndCall Wed 23-Oct-13 17:43:18

Yes! We went to a lovely plAce for my 50th. Right on the Champs Élysées - towards the Arc end.

I can't quite remember the name but someone can help me out - it was Lauree or Lauderee - it's the plAce that makes the macaroons ( they have a branch in covent garden too) but they have a restuarant they call the tea room which is lovely.

BeckAndCall Wed 23-Oct-13 17:44:16

Just looked it up, it's Laduree......

Undeuxtrois Wed 23-Oct-13 17:45:33

iklboo, you opportunist grin!
What about the classic tourist thing, people, the bateau mouche? http://www.bateaux-mouches.fr/en/
Night time? Dinner cruise, even?
I know it's an utter rip off but - it would be memorable, right? Anyone done this?

Undeuxtrois Wed 23-Oct-13 17:46:31

Laduree..? Right I'm on it! Was it ridiculously expensive, or just expensive?

Undeuxtrois Wed 23-Oct-13 17:48:33

Laduree hasn't got great reviews..and i'm not even sure I like macaroons (what are they blush?

deepfriedsage Wed 23-Oct-13 17:50:55

I had a lovely coffee in a cafe on the corner by the road with vairy nice designer shops. I didn't have time to eat, the food looked yummy.

Undeuxtrois Wed 23-Oct-13 20:13:59

Bateaux mouche dinner cruise costs 140 per person shock ! Ahem, well, who needs memories on that scale..!
We've got one night in Paris, the pressure's on..!

iklboo Wed 23-Oct-13 21:07:31

Sorry! grin

We've promised DS lunch in a patisserie as he loves 'French boy's breakfast' (croissant or pain au chocolate, strawberries & hot chocolate). I'm lurking looking for tips.

BeckAndCall Wed 23-Oct-13 22:01:00

Well, we didn't eat any macaroons! That's just the thing they're known for!

We just liked the location, the french shabby chic, the whole ambience. Don't know if it was pricey - DH didn't let me see the bill!

FeedMeWell Wed 23-Oct-13 22:06:19

We had a meal at Laduree a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. Not too pricy by Paris standards.

Undeuxtrois Fri 01-Nov-13 14:15:44

Bonjour! We had a great time in Paris, ate at Leon de Bruxelles on the Champs Elysees - famous for mussels. Great atmosphere,very relaxed, lots of people of all ages. Recommend it (unless you hate seafood). Everywhere we went we found the prices were below average compared to the UK, which was a surprise. In fact, our run of the mill pizza chain meal in London on the way home cost us more than we'd spent on any meal in the centre of Paris. Rip-off Britain!

difficultpickle Fri 01-Nov-13 14:21:07

Ledoyen is lovely and very very expensive but it used to have a cheaper bistro type restaurant next door that was lovely and reasonably affordable. It is years since I've eaten there though. Maybe someone with up to date knowledge can advise?

difficultpickle Fri 01-Nov-13 14:24:04

Found it - ][http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187147-d813425-Reviews-Le_pavillon_Ledoyen-Paris_Ile_de_France.html Le Pavillon Ledoyen]]

difficultpickle Fri 01-Nov-13 14:24:28
CaurnieBred Sat 09-Nov-13 23:51:57

We ate at Chez Francis when I went with work - it is on the banks of the Seine, about 10 mins from Champs Elysee and has a lovely view of the Eiffel Tour (so pretty at night when it is all lit up). Food was fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now