Amsterdam any recommendations?

(7 Posts)

Travelling to Amsterdam with 4 DC's aged 13, 10, 8 and 4. Would appreciate any ideas of where to go, what to see, where to eat etc

gardeningsarah Wed 23-Oct-13 21:26:33

Visit Nemo, which is a Science Museum, very close to the central station. Canal book trip also the older ones may appreciate the Van Gogh museum. I went a few years ago but it has just be refurbished so no doubt will be even better. Anne Frank house is another one to visit.

Thank you, we did Anne Frank last year and was considering Van Gogh, not heard of Nemo though, so thank you

blossomblowing Sun 27-Oct-13 20:33:04

we are there in january just for the weekend so watching this thread.. if you had time for canal trip and anne frank and then just one restaurant meal in amsterdam where would it be?

blossomblowing Thu 31-Oct-13 22:24:36

my dutch friend just said def do Nemo, amazing interacitve science museum, do anne frank, and dont do rip off canal trip, jsut stay in posh hotel on canal instead and soak up the vibe of canal dont chug down one.. thats us sorted then..

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 01-Nov-13 13:12:47

Nemo for your 4 year old. I had trouble removing DD from weighing and measuring section!

Suttonmum1 Thu 02-Jan-14 21:19:19

Please do Van Gogh. It is great. Might be worth getting the 8yo to research the pictures and produce a spot the picture sheet for the younger one.

Nemo fab.

Very near it is the brand new central library which has great views and a fantastic restaurant at the top.

Pedalos on the canals are more fun than a boat trip.

If you do a boat trip (which you might use an Amsterdam card for) then consider using it to get to the Zoo.

Anne Frank is bookable online and their is an excellent BBC Kids serial DVD which helps explain it. My kids knew more about what they were looking at when they went than most adults because of that DVD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now