Acorn activity holidays

(5 Posts)
ninja Sat 19-Oct-13 22:31:47

Anyone been on these in Wales? Thinking of going in the summer with dds (10 & 5).

I've been on PGL before with the eldest, which we loved but have a good deal for the Acorn one and wondered how they compared.

Raeray Sat 19-Oct-13 23:10:41

These look brilliant! I am definitely going to suggest this to my friend who is looking for somewhere to go at Easter with her children.
I'll let you know how she gets on! Hopefully this will also bump your thread so someone who has actually been can give you advice!

ninja Sat 19-Oct-13 23:54:18

Yes, they do look good and someone is organising one in the summer through the Single Parents Travel Club, so perfect for me!

Be interesting to have a recommendation though.

Glad the information is useful!

ninja Sun 20-Oct-13 09:57:59

Bump for the Sunday morning crowd, anyone any experience of the holidays?

tintingirl Sat 26-Oct-13 22:19:54

I did a week on the Wales holiday last year and it was one of the best holidays ever with my boys (13 and 11 at the time).

Camp is set up with 3 "villages" - I was in the single parent one. Each village have their own awesome staff and a marquee where you eat (food is amazing - 3 cooked meals each day) and where you can charge phones etc. includes a fridge for parents to keep drinks and a iPod Dock for the evenings. You get 2 main activities each day - lake ones are down the road, about a 15 min walk or you can drive down. Other activities are on site. After dinner the staff do an activity and some days we joined in and some days they sent us to the village pub and entertained the kids. There are some other indoor spaces which the kids tended to use (wifi in one block).

I made some really, really good friends and some got together and met again for the Acorn France/Italy holiday this year (I would have but was at a family wedding). I would definitely go again. It is superb value and a lot of fun.

Any questions, please ask grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now