Just had a phone call from CSC offering me a holiday for £200

(6 Posts)
VivaLeThrustBadger Wed 18-Sep-13 18:45:00

I'm guessing its all a con?

£200 for the whole family to costa del sol in school holidays. I've never heard of them but the bloke insisted I filled out a survey for them. He said I had to agree to go to a sales event one afternoon. I told him a week in Spain sounded like my idea of hell and said goodbye.

Sounded like a time share scam to me. But I've now googled and people saying they've had fab cheap holidays, yes they had to sit through a presentation but it want really a hard sell.

Have I just chucked away a cheap holiday?

VivaLeThrustBadger Wed 18-Sep-13 18:46:35
LillianGish Wed 18-Sep-13 18:50:17

If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.

specialsubject Wed 18-Sep-13 19:02:21

it's a scam. No normal holiday wants you to sit through a presentation!

IPHII Wed 18-Sep-13 19:10:36

I don't think it's a scam. My sister inlaw and her husband just came back from Spain which was sponsored majorly by a company. The only catch was they had to sit through quite a few presentations, where the company tried to sell them something. The didn't buy any and were not obligated to.

Yonihadtoask Thu 19-Sep-13 17:09:37

They sound like e one of the timeshare type companies.

I went to a presentation a few years ago. But we weren't interested in having to sit through a further presentation in resort.

Also, the prices may not be as good as you expect. They give a basic price, but if you want to start specifying which week, airport etc then the prices rise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now