Holiday next August, Keycamp or similar?

(16 Posts)
AvonCallingBarksdale Sat 19-Oct-13 19:54:02

Have a look at Carisma, they're cheaper (and, in my opinion, nicer sites) than Keycamp. We've only been to France with them, though.

rosy71 Fri 11-Oct-13 21:28:51

Eurocamp are expensive. Some cheaper options are: booking directly with a campsite or with a chain like Castels; go in the last week of August - prices go down a lot then; try Canvas holidays - they seem to be a bit cheaper if you book early; try Brittany Ferries - they seem to be a bit cheaper than Eurocamp too.

makemineapinot Sat 28-Sep-13 23:25:18

Look at camping portofelice near Venice - it is fab!!

Portofino Wed 18-Sep-13 08:56:03

We really enjoyed Park Albatros, and also Union Lido. Agree that renting a gite or apartment can work out much more than renting a mobile. I paid £700 a week for 2 bed house on a gite complex this year, all mod cons and no fight for a sun lounger. Lovely pool, trampoline and other kids to play with.

I was looking at La Carabasse for July next year and for 2 weeks they wanted nearly £2400!!!! Most of the French sites came in at around £2000 for a fortnight. I managed to find a bargain at Les Ranchisses with Keycamp which came up at £1600 with the early booking discount.

wow tvym everyone, had a look and although some dont have their prices up for next year they are much more affordable! smile We probably can afford it now which is great, so thanks agai, I was really thinking with travel costs and spending money we couldnt go x
We dont mind entertainment till 11 (but probably wouldnt go), I was worried too about open air nightclubs thumping away till 2am next door (oh to be young again grin)

cheerup Tue 17-Sep-13 07:05:35

The park was Park Albatros - enormous with lots of entertainment which might not suit you although we really enjoyed it and we're not usually holiday park types. We also had a week at Le Pianacce which might suit you better although it is very hilly and the entertainment does go on until 11pm. Booked direct with the site in an excellent static - 700 Euros. Its not at the beach but there is a free shuttle bus and you can walk cross country to a lovely town with excellent wine bars and restaurants. If you don't enjoy walking up seriously steep hills just make sure your accommodation is on one of the lower terraces; ours was right at the top.

From what I've read Italian campsites tend to be lively during august so it might be hard to avoid entertainment.

GampyWabbit Tue 17-Sep-13 07:00:22

Just noticed Venue have already been mentioned! They were good!

GampyWabbit Tue 17-Sep-13 06:59:38

Try looking at Venue Holidays. Their newer mobile homes (riviera) are very modern and posh and you will pay a fraction of the price you would pay with keycamp. They don't have as many travel options and they don't have kids clubs, but it's worth a look.

cheerup Tue 17-Sep-13 06:53:55

if you can go end of August, booking direct with sites or with one of the Dutch operators should be much cheaper. Dutch operators include Roan Holidays, rent a tent, selectcamp, go for camp, gusto camp and tentsetters. Some have English websites but you can just about make things out in Dutch and if you email them, nearly all Dutch people speak good English. Also try Venue holidays, Lifestyle holidays, vacancesoleil.ie and I think there is a company called Charisma too.

We went with Venue from Aug 25th this year and paid £255 for a week in a tent in Italy. Tent was huge and on a good pitch. Inventory a bit limited but we could have bought an awful lot of cheesegraters with the difference between what we paid and the Eurocamp price.

Eurocamp are very expensive during school hols and apart from the kids clubs on less and less sites I can't see what extra value they offer.

Good luck finding something.

Vajazzler Tue 17-Sep-13 06:52:56

Whoops posted too soon! It's not too far from gerona airport

Suttonmum1 Tue 17-Sep-13 06:52:13

Try the mobiles that the campsite itself rents out, not the keycamp ones. Also try Canvas.

Vajazzler Tue 17-Sep-13 06:51:58

We're looking to book one called camping tucan in lloret de mar. It's not too far from

frenchfancy Tue 17-Sep-13 06:44:32

gite

frenchfancy Tue 17-Sep-13 06:44:11

Check out give prices. They are often cheaper than keycamp.

omg just checked prices over a grand for 1 week in a tent in some places shock does anyone know of a cheaper site? thanks

Hi, with the new school no holidays in term me and the rest of the world will be having to book outside school holidays. With travel it means we are likely to have to go in August.

We had a wonderful keycamp Holiday this year in a static home so fancy a similar type of thing and tbh it will be all we can afford. The ferry was not good (vommitting children) so plan to fly.

Can anyone recommend a camp site that they have visited (preferably not France as want to expan our travels grin ), with a pool, near a beach and walking distance to a town, not too noisy at night (we will be unlikely to go to any entertainment or use kids clubs unless they want to go) for 2 boring adults and 2 dc aged 6 and 8?
Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now