Can I hire a car in Spain and drive into France?

(6 Posts)
nextphase Sun 29-Sep-13 18:01:40

As everyone else says, you can do it, but you need to make sure the hire company know your going out of Spain.

Artandco Sun 29-Sep-13 17:54:54

Yes you should do. We often fly across Europe and then drive back trough the countries and drop car in Paris before taking Eurostar home. The big companies like europcar/ Avis etc def do

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 29-Sep-13 17:51:50

Yes, what Lil says. You will need to tell them in advance and I think there might be an additional payment, not major but I think that's what we did.

Try to make sure you stop off in Figueres for the Dali museum smile

Apileofballyhoo Sun 15-Sep-13 17:32:28

thanks for the reply! We are going to La Sirene in Argeles Sur Mer. It's our first time for this type of holiday.

no you're not been silly - you definitely have to check it out with the car hire companies you are looking at. I'm not sure all allow it and those that do often add a charge. That said, I am sure a lot people flying in to Girona will want to cross into France so worth checking out with the various hire companies that service the airport. BTW Girona is a beautiful city if have time to visit it. Also being nosey - which campsite are you going to? We've done sites near Girona and Perpignan.

Apileofballyhoo Thu 12-Sep-13 09:56:02

Flying into Girona and staying in French campsite - it suddenly occurred to me that maybe I wouldn't be allowed move countries with a hire car or am I being silly?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now