Has anyone been to fuengirola in November with kids?

(4 Posts)
Airwalk79 Sun 08-Sep-13 17:44:39

We are looking at a late deal going to fuengirola in November. Has anyone been, how's the weather and is there anything to do. A bit worried it might shut down out of season? Thanks for any replys

Onykahonie Thu 19-Sep-13 20:30:10

We went last Easter, as it was cheap, which is probably similar weather-wise. We had a mix of sunny days, rainy days dull but warm days (in a week). Resort was quiet, but enough open for us...we wouldn't want to go there in high season!
Malaga was easy to get to by train for a day out.

HepsibarCrinkletoes Thu 19-Sep-13 20:35:57

I used to live about 15 miles west from there. It won't be cold exactly, but it's very possible that it will be pissing down a lot. A huge number of the beach restaurants and chiringuitos will be shut for the winter - most places are closed by mid October tbh. Tivoli World near Benalmadena will be open, though on restricted times.

Tbh I'd swerve it. There really is fuck all to do there at that time of year for holidaymakers and, while sometimes the weather can be glorious, it can be torrential for days at a time.

On the other hand, it's a lovely time to visit the cities of Malaga and Granada and the beautiful town of Ronda. Largely depends on what you are looking for in your holiday.

Yonihadtoask Wed 25-Sep-13 06:31:38

Mmm.. I don't think it would be gret for a family holiday in November.

Me and DH once went to Torremolinos for a couple of days in Mid November - the weather was nice actually. Not sunbathing nice, but t-shirts were enough (during the daytime).

As said though, there wasn't much going on. Many of the bars and restaurants and shops weren't open.

I would say if you are looking at somewhere with the DC then you would be better off with an all year round type of destination, such as the Canary Islands. You may pay more, but that is because it is year round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now