Tuscany in April...able to swim??

(9 Posts)
Tedder Sun 01-Sep-13 07:26:10

Planning a holiday in Tuscany in April and just looking at accommodation. Debating between town or country but wondering if the weather would be warm enough to swim in a pool at that time of year? Thanks. Also, any recommendations for accommodation near to Florence.

ihatethecold Sun 01-Sep-13 12:43:57

it wont be warm enough to swim in a pool in April.

Yama Netherlands Sun 01-Sep-13 12:47:40

We went in April one year and it was feckin' freezing. Rainy too.

fedupofpoo Sun 01-Sep-13 12:58:11

Def will be too cold for the pool I'm afraid

Tedder Sun 01-Sep-13 13:29:05

Thanks everybody. Think we'll delay Tuscany until August instead (it'll probably be too hot then!!)

fedupofpoo Sun 01-Sep-13 21:17:04

and expensive!but at least you will be able to cool down in the pool :-)

ihatethecold Sun 01-Sep-13 21:26:53

How about half term in may if your tied to school hols

Janek Sat 07-Sep-13 08:21:25

I second may half term - warm like a 'summer holiday', but not so unbearably hot you can't go outside. Sets you up nicely for a summer in the uk too!

In april you are likely to get some lovely, warm sunny days, much warmer than here, but when it rains it pours.

MoniDubai Mon 07-Oct-13 19:20:06

We went to Pienza in August, was a bit hot but still really fab holiday, we stayed at la Bandita townhouse, they also have a country property, you can use the pool etc there if you want, but we loved the townhouse, gorgeous accommodation in heritage village, lots of things to do walking distance, lovely trips out every day, we went to Sienna, near the Palio race time) and Florence but was very tiring. I would go again, I wrote it up on my blog as a good place for an Eid break (big holiday in Dubai) but here is the link if you want to read some more and get some pics, they are also really good with kids. ]
http://doindubai.com/2013/10/01/eid-break-or-any-break-try-southern-tuscany-for-luxury-and-high-culture/

Have a lovely time if you go ! We loved it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now