so shorthaulers where was a success for your summer holsor not so - looking for inspiration.........

(33 Posts)

This year we went to menorca and I am keen to book somewhere for next year on recommendation - I really fancy a really good all inclusive because this year it worked really well for our family but wouldlike somewhere you can walk out and explore on an evening and quite close to a paradise beach. Perhaps Greece but nowhere where I have to get on a plane with the 18-30 crew........ enlighten me to your successes and not so succeses

Mum2Fergus Thu 05-Sep-13 16:56:57

Yeah...plenty to see and do...our favourite was L'anchora(sp?) pizza gorgeous and great selection for kids (and didn't all include chips n beans!). Would recommend the bus into Cituedella(sp? again lol).

AryaUnderfoot Thu 05-Sep-13 18:04:28

Thanks for that. I think we'll wait until DH's work calendar is released for next year and then look at which hotel offers the best deal.

We hired a car for 3 days last year and visited both Mahon and Ciutadella. I think we'd look to do something similar.

octaviarose Fri 06-Sep-13 15:48:36

Where do you suggest in Sardinia please mignotnette?

littlemisswise Fri 06-Sep-13 15:56:26

We stayed at the Viva Menorca when it was new. Our kids were little they are massive 18&16 year olds now.

We really love Cala D'Or in Majorca. It's much, much nicer than Sa Coma. We don't do AI though so can't recommend that but as a resort it is gorgeous.

ExcuseTypos Fri 06-Sep-13 16:05:19

I'd be interested in hearing about Sardinia as well, Mignotnette.

It would be just DH and I as dc are off elsewhere next year, so it's just the two of us. I cannot wait.

Kowalski Fri 06-Sep-13 16:13:58

We went AI to H10 Rubicon Palace in Lanzarote; would definitely recommend it. Good food, branded drinks, drinkable wine on tap! Kids clubs were good (only gripe I would have is that DD at 3 had to go to the baby club - she was bored stiff so only went once). Staff were all friendly.

It is a bit far out, about 40 mins walk to the main town (Playa Blanca) but there was a nice beach with pedaloes etc about 15 mins walk away.

I have to say we preferred the first week as it got too busy the second week (when the majority of schools broke up).

bump.

nannyafrica Thu 12-Sep-13 21:19:28

Azores, The main island Ponta Delgada. Hire a house with a pool and a car. You could go whale watching, swim in hot springs, swim in the sea and the many lakes on the island. Horse riding, canoeing, hiking.
Our flights were £299pp that was London to Porto Portugal for 2 nights, flight to Azores 10 nights (you could visit one of the many islands also) flight to Lisbon for 2 nights then back to London. Our car hire was £250.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now