Paris with kids

(5 Posts)
Sixtiesqueen Sat 31-Aug-13 18:59:23

All museums are closed on Tuesdays. We were in Paris earlier this week. When the museums are closed, everything is much busier.

Buy your Eiffel tower tickets in advance online - you practically go straight in.

We went to the Sacre Coeur , Tuliieries and Arc de Triomphe as well.

On reflection, should have stuck to the Eiffel Tower and perhaps the aquarium (it's across the road) and the Jardins du Luxembourg.

fruitpastille Fri 30-Aug-13 18:52:11

Jardins des plantes has the natural museum and a (slightly old fashioned) zoo. The museum is shut on a tuesday as we found!!

Portofino Fri 30-Aug-13 18:35:45

If you book a table at the restaurant on the first level, you can beat the queue. We went up in the evening, had food, looked at all the lights and then went to the carousel by the river, followed by Batobus back to our hotel. Dd loved it. Jardin du Luxembourg fab for playgrounds etc Pompidou centre? Cite des sciences? Some trips on the river? Maybe the crypts if he likes gory stuff. The funicular up to the Sacre Coeur and a wander round Montmartre with all the portrait artists?

ChoudeBruxelles Fri 30-Aug-13 16:43:36

Someone must have been to Paris

ChoudeBruxelles Thu 29-Aug-13 20:45:43

I should probably know this as I lived in Paris for 6 months but that was15 years ago and I was mostly drunk. Where are good places to go with kids in Paris. We will have 2 days in Paris before going to Disney.

Staying really close to the Eiffel Tower - which we will endure the horrendous queues to go up. Where else is good with an right year old boy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now