Recommendations for places in Ibiza - not for partying

(8 Posts)
loveisagirlnameddaisy Thu 22-Aug-13 17:42:06

I've never been to Ibiza and always thought of it as a party island due to the obvious press coverage. But more and more I hear of people going for family holidays and saying how beautiful it is and there are loads of quiet spots. Can anyone recommend areas in Ibiza which are not focused on clubbing type travellers, but are suitable for young children and 40 somethings?

purple15 Thu 22-Aug-13 18:47:28

Hi, I feel exactly the same.

I went to San Antonio when I was younger and I just thought it was a party island.

As time goes on, more and more families are going, people who I wouldn't expect to go.

I want to see what I am missing.

knickernicker Thu 22-Aug-13 18:51:04

Me too. Was wondering today.

SoldeInvierno Fri 23-Aug-13 18:21:45

I went to San Miguel last year, just Ds and I. It was quiet and we had a great time

mumtofourkids Fri 23-Aug-13 19:38:16

We went to Portinatx a couple of years ago, it's a lovely quiet resort, perfect for families.

popcal Fri 23-Aug-13 21:15:41

We went to Portinatx this summer ! Great unspoilt resort with a lovely beach. Lots of families there. It's not all about partying and clubbing.

Walkacrossthesand Tue 27-Aug-13 16:57:57

Cala Llonga is lovely - hotels clustered around a bay, children's play area, sandy beach and quiet waters. El Pinar apartments are right on the beach, they are self catering but there's a cafe where you can buy meals if you want, and 2 supermarkets across the beach.

loopsngeorge Fri 30-Aug-13 23:40:11

We have just come back from the Fiesta Cala Nova which is right on Cala Nova beach just outside Es Canar. It was absolutely brilliant for our 9 year old and 4 year old. Cala Nova beach was lovely with a couple of upmarket beach bars. Es Canar was fine but wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but it is very easy to get around by car to nicer resorts such as Santa Eulalia or Cala Llonga. It didn't feel clubby at all - even our late night flight back was full of families and very sedate!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now