Kos in May (weather)

(4 Posts)
BeingMoreDog Mon 19-Aug-13 15:20:25

Is Kos generally warm enough in May to enjoy the beach and pool? I'll be with sun-sensitive DH, a toddler and a baby, so don't want too high temps, but I do want to wear a bikini and bask.

specialsubject Mon 19-Aug-13 17:41:24

temperature doesn't matter for sun. Summer solstice is 21st June which is the peak of the rays, so the UV is ramping up big time in May (it's a sine curve) and even if it is cloudy, you can still get burned.

sea and pool could still be a little cool, so the kids might prefer wetsuits - good to keep the sun off anyway.

girlywhirly Tue 20-Aug-13 09:30:17

I would guess it will be cool in the evening if planning to eat outdoors, so take cardi's/jackets. And you can't guarantee it will not rain. Over the past 10 years we've been to lots of places in the med in May and the locals have said that April used to be the rainy month, now it has extended into May and is unpredictable. Obviously this impacts on their trade, because people aren't hiring sunbeds on the beach or doing watersports, or spending money in bars and restaurants because they stay in their hotels when the weather is bad.

rubyrubyruby Tue 20-Aug-13 09:32:11

I used to the Greek islands in May every year.
It was always lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now