Has anybody been to Slide and Splash in The Algarve?

(14 Posts)
IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 18-Aug-13 21:56:58

Do you know if there are height restictions on the water slides (and if so what?).

Is it possible to get cheaper entry for an afternoon only visit? What time is this available from and is it worth just going for an afternoon (ds's are 5 and 7).

Thanks.

TheContrastOfWhiteOnWhite Sun 18-Aug-13 21:58:53

Not for 25 years, but it has an English language website here.

The answers 25 years ago were yes and yes!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 18-Aug-13 22:03:10

Thanks, unfortunately the website doesn't answer any of my questions!

Just wondering if it's worth the money for a full day - the reviews say that there are extremely long queues (not surprising at this time of year) so perhaps we should go for the whole day, it in the other hand that the transfer busses start leaving at about 3pm so maybe going for the afternoon would be more sensible confused.

BrigitBigKnickers Sun 18-Aug-13 22:07:39

There are some restrictions on some slides. We have been taking our Dds there since hey were the same age as your two- not much that age ca't go on.

There are no afternoon only visits but there are good deals to be had for family tickets if you buy them in advance. There are some deals where kids under ten go free.

It's the best water park in the Algarve- lovely kiddy pool. I am posting from the Algarve! Where are you staying?

TheContrastOfWhiteOnWhite Sun 18-Aug-13 22:14:13

It takes a while to go through, but if you use the site map and hover on each slide, it tells you the height restrictions.

I don't know about how busy it is I'm afraid.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 18-Aug-13 22:15:59

I'm posting from the Algarve too. We're staying at Senhora de Rocha not far from Armacao de Pera. Slide and Splash is about 15 minutes away.

I'll have a look for good deals.

NoComet Sun 18-Aug-13 22:31:07

Yes, 7 years ago. We spent all day no trouble, but I have water shoot addicts.

DD2 was 5 and went on pretty much everything, there may be one 8+ shoot.

It's a nice big one so there are pools and a lazy rider for less adventurous DCs.

Yes, it's busy and yes it's a scrum for rings, they all are. If planning 1/2 do morning not afternoon.

NoComet Sun 18-Aug-13 22:31:40

Lazy river

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 18-Aug-13 22:40:10

As far as I can see they don't do half day tickets. They don't advertise it if they do anyway!

I was hoping that we could get a cheaper, afternoon only ticket after about 2pm or something. Looks like it was wishful thinking!

TheContrastOfWhiteOnWhite Mon 19-Aug-13 08:22:04

They definitely did late entry tickets years and years ago, as I remember my parents telling us we could visit for a second time on the holiday if we went for the afternoon. Looks like they have phased it out. sad

justaweeone Mon 19-Aug-13 09:04:29

We went 2 weeks ago.Had a 20 euro discount voucher however it was cheaper to book from on of the kiosks in Lagos.For 4 adults(teenager is classed as an adult) and one child entry and return transport was 100 euro.
When we arrived on their transport we were shown straight in at the gate,they have a photographer who wants to take your photo with their mascot which we declined and we kept the the right and when right round to where the big swimming pool is as it is quiter there and you can spread out.Take your own picnic and lots of drinks( took them frozen as the defrost really quickly)plenty of sun cream and if you have it a beach umbrella plus some beach mats to put your towels on as the grass may be wet when you arrive.
My son is just out of a booster seat for the car and was able to go on every ride(cannot remember the height restriction but it was quite low)
They all had a great time,yes there were queues but not horrendous ,the parc is spotless and very well supervised .
Not my idea of a great day out but I sunbathed and read my book in peace and dipped in and out of the pool when hot.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 20-Aug-13 14:05:42

Thanks justaweeone

Think we're going to go for the day tomorrow and take a picnic. Good idea about the frozen drinks!

Can the little ones wear floats or armbands on the rides?

Bowlersarm Tue 20-Aug-13 14:12:38

Oh lucky you. We were there in June. Can't help as ours are now teens. Although we have been going since the children were small and have always been to Slide and Splash and don't remember it being too limiting, always lots to do for everyone.

Have fun.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 25-Aug-13 20:30:54

We went and had a great day - got there just before 10am, it was queued down the road but moving steadily. Queues for tickets and then straight through the turnstiles.

Queues for every ride - the newest one was about 45 minutes in total.

We took a picnic, the frozen drinks didn't melt all day!

All rides with single blow up rings have a minimum height requirement of 120cms and a few of the slides have plunge pools of 140 and 150 cms so ds1 couldn't go on those as he's 115cms and can't swim without floats far enough to manage that yet.

Nevertheless we did have a great (very tiring) day and stayed until 6pm when it was closing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now