which greek island wth 16 year old twin girls

(14 Posts)
specialsubject Sat 17-Aug-13 13:52:29

both half-terms (May and October) are a little risky for weather, but the May one is a better bet. Remember that the sun is very strong at this time of year.

tricky one with evenings - they are theoretically too young to drink (although in most of the Med, if you can see over the bar you get served) and Greece doesn't do organised entertainment unless you are in a big British resort. Which is why I like it.

happybubblebrain Sat 17-Aug-13 12:14:42

Rhodes is the only Greek island I don't like and I've been to lots.
Zante and Crete are great.

Kefalonia is lovely. It depends what you want to do in the evenings. We tend to have a walk, a meal out and then play cards in a bar for the rest of the evening. Must admit that my two have never been ones for wanting to pal up with other kids on holiday though.

DameDeepRedBetty Sat 17-Aug-13 12:04:10

I was thinking more of a half term, as I'm not sure I can cope with the Med in August. I flake out a bit if the temperature is over 30 ish.

Lemonfizz Sat 17-Aug-13 11:17:16

School holidays next summer....

Lemonfizz Sat 17-Aug-13 11:16:38

Meant schools next summer.

Lemonfizz Sat 17-Aug-13 11:16:04

Planning schools at the moment (july/august). It's not that they want anything in particular, just some entertainment that we will enjoy as a family. Maybe a few others their age as well.

specialsubject Sat 17-Aug-13 10:59:25

Rhodes town is actually a beautiful medieval site and there are some lovely beaches and places on the island. What you probably want to avoid are the drunken-kiddie-Brit places. Rhodes has one of those - Faliraki.

what do your girls want to do in the evening? What time of year are you planning?

DameDeepRedBetty Sat 17-Aug-13 10:57:35

Just moving this one to Watching... my dtds will be fifteen next year and we're after something very similar!

We took them to Lanzarote this year, it went very well. Enough interesting stuff to do in the day, nightlife that didn't make DP blush at their presence, and beautiful beaches with lots to see underwater when we got the snorkels out.

Lemonfizz Sat 17-Aug-13 10:54:14

Any particular area of Crete recommended? Also where to avoid. I don't want british bars, food and definitely no football!

quoteunquote Sat 17-Aug-13 10:50:36

Thassos or Symi

saintmerryweather Sat 17-Aug-13 10:47:54

rhodes is a shithole

SoftSheen Sat 17-Aug-13 10:46:29

Crete is nice!

Lemonfizz Sat 17-Aug-13 10:44:11

Thinking of next year and really fancy the greek islands. I was looking at Kefalonia but would it be a bit too quiet for my girls? We don't want it all singing and dancing, just a few things in the evenings for them.
I have only been to Corfu once before and that was 20 years ago. We have only really done keycamp and I think we have outgrown that now.
Any advice welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now