gutted!

(16 Posts)
Walkacrossthesand Tue 27-Aug-13 17:09:36

Just found this thread, weather mostly fine in Altea this week (and 28 degrees) so I hope bluebluecow is having a good time! smile

specialsubject Sun 18-Aug-13 17:05:50

remember that sun strength isn't related to temperature as some on this thread seem to think. It is determined by time of year and latitude.

you will get burnt in the Med from April to October unless you cream up and cover up. Even if it is cloudy, and even if is raining lightly.

bluebluecow Sat 17-Aug-13 10:21:07

Thanks Franke. I really hope you are right. If I get another holiday abroad with bad weather I really don't think I'll bother going again. I'm going to try really hard not to look any more.....well I can try!

Franke Sat 17-Aug-13 10:17:35

Please step away from the weather forecast. Are you going on 26th August? In 10 days? Please don't look at another forecast until 25th. I've just come back from Spain. I'm also a forecast addict. We were predicted rain on a couple of days. Never happened. Wall-to-wall sunshine for a whole month apart from a few wispy clouds.

bluebluecow Sat 17-Aug-13 10:10:57

we are staying in altea. It looks worse than it did yesterday now. sad

sofi0308 Fri 16-Aug-13 23:13:17

where are you staying? .. forecast looks fine to me. if you get a non boiling day you will probably love it, less sun cream, less heat rash, definately will still be warm enough for flip flops.

bluebluecow Fri 16-Aug-13 18:57:55

shock just noticed...bloody phone. might take a few of those as wellwink

Mum2Fergus Fri 16-Aug-13 18:35:03

Willies?! Lol ...

bluebluecow Fri 16-Aug-13 12:41:54

you lot have made me feel much better. Thank you. Just about to chuck out flip flops and pack willies instead wink

girlywhirly Fri 16-Aug-13 12:25:40

Whether it rains or not can be down to something as simple as the wind blowing in a different direction, which is why it's so difficult to predict.

Pancakeflipper Fri 16-Aug-13 11:08:10

They are rubbish. Even short term forecasts are rubbish. We were away the other week. Everyday it forecasted rain. We had rain once, one evening at 7pm for a few hours.

Keep thinking happy sunny thoughts.

bluebluecow Fri 16-Aug-13 11:06:53

We have been so much looking forward to going and after two years of bad luck weatherwise abroad I thought surely it can't happen again! Oh well I should really stop looking. Nothing I can do to change it! Hope you are right about it being inaccurate. Fingers crossed

Janek Fri 16-Aug-13 11:04:44

I second inaccurate forecasts - unless it's for today or tomorrow they have not a clue what the weather will do. Don't worry, although i do feel your pain.

bluebluecow Fri 16-Aug-13 10:51:42

thank you. I know it's a silly thing to worry about but can't help it blush

SooticaTheWitchesCat Fri 16-Aug-13 10:40:07

Long term forcasts are really not accurate, they can only really predict a few days in advance so try not to worry too much.

bluebluecow Fri 16-Aug-13 09:05:19

We have had bad weather when abroad for the last 2 years now. We work hard all year and go without to take our kids away and we really look forward to our hols, especially this year as we've been through some rough times. I've just checked the long term forecast for costa blanca for when we are going, 26th August and the weather turns bad with showers and clouds for as far as I can see. Blazing sunshine up until we get there! I am so upset. We always go away when the weather should be good. Surely we can't be unlucky again this year. How accurate do you think the long term forecasts are?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now