Help me find a holiday for next year please?

(4 Posts)
sammyjayne Mon 12-Aug-13 20:24:17

We want to travel to France, we have been a few times before to either Normandy or Charente Maritime. Next year we want to go somewhere different. We are thinking mountains and lakes rather than coast!

I would like a gite or a site that has a pool and plenty for the children (7) to do such as playground, games etc, so that we don't have to go somewhere every day. Some days we want to chill whilst the kids play. But we also want places to visit such as lakes for swimming, mountain walks, villages etc. it would be good if a village was within walking distance. I would do a Eurocamp type site at a push but would prefer something smaller and more private, but still with good facilities.

Does such a place exist? We will be driving but don't mind stopping off en route to break up a journey.

Help me please!! All the places I come up with are more aimed at ski business rather than summer holiday territory.

Portofino Wed 14-Aug-13 09:43:45

Simply Morzine and Esprit do summer holidays in France

Sandgroper Thu 15-Aug-13 11:51:05

Hi

We have been to Le Sarrail, near Carcassone. Fab fab fab, rented Maison Cypres with another family. Had babysitting, fab playbarn, play area. Had meals delivered, we used this about 4 times. Amazing infinity heated pool. Only prob was nearest village about 10 min drive away and Carcasonne about 20 mins away. They did do some activities for the kids for a couple of hours but it was in summer though! We broke the journey and stayed in Limogues in Novotel.

Chateau de Gurat in Poitiou Charante think we stayed in Rose Cottage. They have heaps to keep kids entertained, fabplaybarn (stuff for older kids), sandpit, trampoline, swings etc, animals to feed. Our DS even had an archery lesson. Gorgeous pool. Babysitter so you can go out for dinner. In little tiny village with a shop, post office. Didn't need to leave if you just wanted to chill out. They even had a wine night where a wine broker came one evening and did tastings - DH bought two cases! Again you will need the car to venture further.

Not sure if will suit all your criteria but places I would go back to.

Both found on baby friendly boltholes website (which I still use even though DS' not baby anymore). Sorry cant do links but on holiday with dodgy Internet.

sammyjayne Mon 02-Sep-13 21:59:53

Thanks very much! Sorry I've not replied sooner but I have been away on this years holiday!

I will look at all your suggestions and thanks again for the help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now