Recommendations for holiday in Italy with 3 year old and 9 month old?

(11 Posts)
Zoogeek Sun 11-Aug-13 13:43:10

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LooplaLoopy Sun 11-Aug-13 13:45:10

City? Beach? Town? Mountains?

Zoogeek Sun 11-Aug-13 21:25:39

LIZS Tue 13-Aug-13 07:38:55

Have a look around Lake Garda. Lots of boat trips, lakeside beaches and places to visit. Slightly shorter transfer to the southern resorts but more mountainous scenery to north, if you fly to/from Verona (max hour/hour and half from airport). Esprit use a resort complex in Peschiera iirc and have activities for lo's or you can book independently

Zoogeek Mon 19-Aug-13 22:06:00

SantanaLopez Tue 20-Aug-13 15:05:12

I second Lake Garda! We stayed in Riva del Garda, at the north, this summer. It was wonderful. The town is so pretty and set underneath the mountains, with a pebble beach. It's also connected to the ferries so you can hop about to other towns. So family friendly and relaxing.

Bunbaker Mon 26-Aug-13 08:48:55

I third lake Garda. We have just returned from a fabulous week in Sirmione and saw loads of youngsters in pushchairs. It will be far less crowded in September and not as hot. We had temperatures hovering around the 30 degree mark last week.

Dackyduddles Mon 26-Aug-13 08:58:49

How adventurous are you? The lakes are wonderful. Garda is bus rides from Verona and train from Venice. There's a great euro camp on the lake too.

Flying possible to Milan and then train up? Or taxi. Or boat. For food fun entertainment and beauty I'm not sure can beat!

Dackyduddles Mon 26-Aug-13 09:00:02

Second Peschiera. That's where the eurocamp is. And obvs hotels etc. very pretty town

Bunbaker Mon 26-Aug-13 09:51:30

No. Fly to Verona, not Milan. Sirmione and Peschiera are less than an hour from the airport.

Zoogeek Fri 30-Aug-13 20:34:45

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now