Villa help needed - large group/grandparents

(10 Posts)
MorningsMadness Sun 27-Oct-13 22:50:59

Did you find somewhere? We are doing a similar thing so just checking!

Miffytastic Wed 11-Sep-13 12:50:06

Thank you eleflump :D

eleflump Sat 24-Aug-13 13:29:15

Hi - we stayed here a couple of years ago with my brother and his family and my parents:

http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p411237

It was great - easily walkable to the beach (although up quite a steep hill) and once you were there you didn't need a car.

I think there is a waterpark in the area, although we didn't go, and I'm not too sure about the culture aspect grin, but I could highly recommend the villa.

Miffytastic Fri 23-Aug-13 21:12:10

shameless bump after my other post, I am still searching... sigh...

Miffytastic Tue 06-Aug-13 12:56:07

Thank you for these. Searching for villas has become my new hobby!

Budgiegirlbob Sun 04-Aug-13 22:39:57

Guime in Lanzarote is very nice, some lovely big luxury villas in a secluded area. It is a drive to the beach and shops and restaurants, although only about 10-15 minutes.

There is a waterpark near Costa Teguise, though we haven't been to it ourselves.

Some lovely places to visit, including many places designed by Cesar Manrique for a bit of culture.

MissCalamity Sun 04-Aug-13 01:12:16

OMG, can't sleep so have just been browsing a found this in Alcudia Majorca, 3 separate buildings, so grandparents could retire to bed / for peace & quiet..! I know Alcudia has a waterpark as well.
Don't know about the culture aspect....
Anyway, back to trying to sleep for me!

MissCalamity Sat 03-Aug-13 23:28:09

Whoops, linky here

MissCalamity Sat 03-Aug-13 23:26:40

I'd check out www.holidaylettings.co.uk you can put in the majority of your "must haves" & hopefully what you're looking for will appear! We've used them 3 times for villas in Tenerife, Portugal & Lanzarote for 7+ of us.
How exciting for you grin

Miffytastic Sat 03-Aug-13 20:34:37

I need some suggestions / help in finding a holiday for my extended family for next summer (12 of us in total). We will be celebrating a 70th & a couple of 40ths and my kind parents are paying.

Factors are:
> c£3k for villa only and will pay for flights/car hire on top
> a villa with a bit of character/history
> pool
> not too scary a place to drive in
> possibly walkable or less than 15min drive to the beach
> cultural/sight seeing options for non beach days
> water park for kids perhaps (ages 6,8,10,11,15&16)
> Balearics /Spain /France

I'm thinking Mallorca but this is the only place I have been abroad to with kids so I don't know if I'm missing out on other amazing possibilities ?? If anyone has any good recommendations or wants to have a mooch online do let me know. Thank you :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now