Spending money, short break to Barcelona

(6 Posts)
EstelleGetty Wed 31-Jul-13 09:03:24

Congratulations!

Barcelona is fantastic and doesn't really have to be expensive. There are lots of lovely bakeries around the city where you can grab a snack at lunchtime. You can get water, soft drinks for wandering during the day dirt cheap at Carrefour on Las Ramblas. You can sit in the beautiful courtyards of the Museu Frederic Mares in the Barri Gotic and Palau Robert on Passeig de Gracia for free if you take a packed lunch or pick up a takeaway.

For main meals and shopping, stay away from Las Ramblas - total rip off and rubbish. The districts of Gracia and Born have some amazing restaurants which are not expensive. If you go for a drink at night, wine is much, much cheaper than spirits and often really good.

My favourite bar for a romantic wee evening is Borneo on Carrer del Rec - atmospheric, quiet, lovely wine which is really cheap for a bottle.

Have a brilliant time!

AnythingNotEverything Wed 31-Jul-13 08:19:01

I second the suggestion not to put your bag down. I saw lots of attempted bag thefts. They're very quick!

Also, don't miss Park Guell.

roughtyping Wed 31-Jul-13 08:11:03

Thanks for the responses smile allmycats, that's roughly what we'd guessed smile

Thanks again

allmycats Mon 29-Jul-13 13:50:06

Congratulations on your wedding.
Barcelona is one my very most favourite places - it is also mega expensive and you need to keep your money etc very close to your body.
Don't ever put your hand bag down at all, especially when eating/drinking/shopping.

Having said this it is a lovely place and I would take circa £150-£200 per day if you can manage it

dyslexicdespot Mon 29-Jul-13 13:47:01

Congratulations!

Barcelona is a wonderful city and I am sure you will have a great honeymoon. How much you need to spend depends on how much you can afford to spend.

I have been and had a great time on a shoestring budget and gone on a larger budget and also had a blast.

roughtyping Mon 29-Jul-13 07:20:04

We're off to Barcelona this time next week for four days, just me & OH, after we get married on Saturday grin

How much spending money is reasonable? We have breakfast includes in room rate but nothing else, so will be paying for main meals & spends. I know Barcelona is an expensive city, just not sure how expensive IYSWIM?

I'm so excited, I've never been before and so I'm really looking forward to it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now