Holiday suggestions October with 6 month old

(4 Posts)
Portofino Tue 30-Jul-13 09:38:10

I would go to southern Spain. Weather should still be good. 6 months is easily portable and you will see families with babies out til all hours. I would fly to Malaga, do visits to Seville, Granada and Ronda, then maybe have a couple of days on the beach. We spent a week in a house in Gaucin at the end of October once and it was lovely.

dinkystinky Sun 28-Jul-13 19:27:51

Abama hotel is probably a good bet for you

dyslexicdespot Sun 28-Jul-13 19:22:49

This looks nice!

denmark

BonaDea Sun 28-Jul-13 13:31:21

Just that really. We had planned to take our summer holiday in September in Europe - probably a gite in France as dh is fluent and it wouldn't be too hot by the end of the month for ds - but for a number of reasons we now have to go first two weeks of October

This is our first trip abroad with ds who by that time will be 6 months. Our usual holiday would not be resort based but independent travel, hire car and hitting a few locations usually staying in boutique hotels or guest houses. Obviously that is now a thing of the past!

I figure self catering would be best so that we can put ds to bed and have a nice meal at home in the evenings. Ideally we'd have our own pool but would also be nice to take ds to the beach for the first time. Um, would like sunshine if poss.

Any suggestions? Are we really talking canaries as it is October? Any villa recommendations or areas to look at?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now