Agia Galini, Ialyssos, Kolymbia or Lachania?

(9 Posts)
RubyrooUK Fri 26-Jul-13 21:19:35

Maybe I will repost in baby names for fun. My son does go to nursery with an "Athens" so it isn't actually so outlandish....grin

Chihuahuahua Fri 26-Jul-13 21:17:46

Ha ha, just clicked on it to say I thought it was baby names too!

nannynicnic Fri 26-Jul-13 21:07:36

I went to Kolymbia in June and will agree it is full of tourists. But there is a First Choice HV there and a Thomson Family resort so can't expect much. I went as i have friends I met when I worked as a rep who work in both the above hotels.. Anyway... Rhodes isn't actually that big, so no matter where you are you can go and view culture, visit nice beaches, even take a drive to where the 2 seas meet at Prasonisi. Lindos is a gorgeous place and has the Acropolis to walk up lots of little restaurants and shop. I drove the whole island when I was there in a day and it was amazing! Some of the views are outstanding. This probably doesn't help very much on where to stay, but don't choose Kolymbia.

RubyrooUK Fri 26-Jul-13 20:30:18

Help! Are you all out on a Friday night? Having fun?

Think of my holiday, you swines.

Sorry, that was my "funny" way of bumping the thread. I am very bored.

blush

grin

RubyrooUK Fri 26-Jul-13 20:09:10

What are you talking about, King Thistle? Ialyssos is a gorgeous name. That's my choice if we have DS3. wink

Sorry I can't help but for a second I thought it was the worst baby names thread ever!

RubyrooUK Fri 26-Jul-13 20:02:58

Oh I know I'm choosing two of the most developed islands here so can't hope for remote villages and tea with goatherds. (I will do that holiday once I have ditched the kids. grin)

RubyrooUK Fri 26-Jul-13 20:01:27

It's me, DH and two kids (just three and six months) in September. I like culture, pretty walks and nice little
restaurants. DH likes the same but with sand. DS1 loves sand and DS2 doesn't care as long as my boobs are coming along. We will hire a car.

We have been to a lot of Greece but have a couple of options.

Would you go to:

Agia Galini in Crete - been before to the more remote west and far east but not the south. Have seen most famous ancient sites already but like Crete.

Rhodes - Ialyssos. Near Rhodes Town. Gorgeous villa but is it very touristy. Don't mind amenities but don't want a concrete hellhole.

Rhodes - Kolymbia - again, have heard this is mainly hotel resort. Is there anything else to do?

Rhodes - Lachania - don't know much about this.

My favourite holidays in Greece have been in the Peloponnese and Samos. My worst was in Cyprus as it was just too English where we stayed.

What would you do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now