If you were going to tour Europe for 3 weeks, what would be on your wish list?

(16 Posts)
Bigwuss Sun 21-Jul-13 14:16:46

We've got time off work, hurrah! and are looking to fly somewhere and then make our way back on the train with our teenagers. If you could visit anywhere, where would you go? not limited to cities, but we need to be able to get there ( an travel around) with no car.

Looking for inspiration.....

mummymeister Sun 21-Jul-13 17:42:30

Verona, rome, Barcelona, Moscow - wouldn't go to Venice though!

Bigwuss Sun 21-Jul-13 17:52:36

Why not Venice? I'd seen some nice apartments on homeaway

GraduallyGoingInsane Sun 21-Jul-13 17:53:52

Paris, Geneva, Salamanca, Florence and Cologne would all be on my visit again lists dependant on route.

For not-cities, Lausanne and its lakes, along with Neuchatel are beautiful Swiss towns not too far from Geneva.

zontafer Sat 27-Jul-13 19:14:51

Venice was lovely but you won't need long though and very hot in summer. Croatia is also amazing.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 27-Jul-13 19:24:02

Krakow, austwitz.
Plitvice national park in crotia
Zermatt
Barcelona
Paris

Melissakitkat Sat 27-Jul-13 19:26:21

We did Paris, Munich, Vienna, budapest, Zurich recently via train - out of those Vienna was the best - very clean, friendly & interesting -- we are looking to do Berlin - Moscow - Kiev - Bulgaria next year - check out - the man from seat 61 website - lots of great ideas on there xxx my advice try to book overnight trains where possible x

LIZS Sat 27-Jul-13 19:29:12

Paris, Rhine Gorge, Jungfraujoch , Vienna, Venice, Rome , Italian /French Riviera

hermioneweasley Sat 27-Jul-13 19:34:30

Rome, Madrid, Barcelona, Pisa, Florence, Athens and istanbul.

hermioneweasley Sat 27-Jul-13 19:35:02

Oh, and Berlin

CircassianLeyla Sat 27-Jul-13 19:38:28

Oh we are planning a similar trip in the next few years. We have Istanbul as our end destination and are doing Paris, Munich, Vienna, Budapest then either Belgrade or Bucharest and Sofia.

Very exciting. I guess it depends where you are coming back from.

CircassianLeyla Sat 27-Jul-13 19:40:00

Second the man in seat 61 website. DC and I are having a great time planning with it.

mrscog Sat 27-Jul-13 19:40:45

Athens, Berlin, Krakow, Salzburg, Paris, Amsterdam, also some German forests.

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Sat 27-Jul-13 19:50:07

my dream is to fly to Sweden and drive back

Stockholm
Copenhagen
Hamburg
Berlin
(Warsaw)
(Krakow)
(Prague)
Frankfurt / Nuremburg
Brussels / Amsterdam
London

Not sure how do-able that is in 3 weeks - I've not really 'done' Scandinavia or Germany / Poland but I have been to Spain/France/Italy/Netherlands loads of times.

MrsAmaretto Thu 01-Aug-13 22:53:22

We did London - Paris - Amsterdam - cologne - Prague - Budapest

Another recommendation for seat 61

MrsAmaretto Thu 01-Aug-13 22:53:55

Oh & Vienna between cologne & Prague!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now