First choice holiday villages?

(11 Posts)
BeginnerSAHM Sat 27-Jul-13 09:33:57

Hello - thank you... I though Rhodes looked amazing but it was quite a bit more expensive. And the only rooms they have left don't have partitions so not ideal for us!!

nannynicnic Fri 26-Jul-13 21:23:15

I worked in the Turkey HV last year and it is huge, gets very very busy during holidays but so do they all. The kids club team out there are fab and there is always plenty going on to keep then entertained. I also went to Rhodes HV on holiday this year and it is Stunning!! With 3 seperate areas of the hotel, Activity, Deluxe and relax! Check them both out and if still unsure find the Facebook pages for them both as there are lots of questions being answered and info on them.

EatYourCrusts Thu 25-Jul-13 12:47:49

We've been but not in the summer holidays. They are nice in May!

Littlepumpkinpie Thu 25-Jul-13 12:46:11

Just arrived back from the one in KOS yesterday it was lovely if you choose this one do visit the Volcano and the waterpark. Been to the one in Rhodes last year also FANTASTIC. We have also been to the one in Majorca Can pica Fort its now moved to Callar Millor we are going there in 2 weeks time some friends were going but can no longer go so we brought the holiday from them. We like the holiday villages and recommend them smile

BeginnerSAHM Tue 23-Jul-13 13:56:56

That's what I was dreading... The crowded pools and fights for sunbeds! Mexico is looking good at the moment - if I can get over the idea of a 10 hour flight!

centralmum Tue 23-Jul-13 13:37:14

We did Tenerife. I would hate it in school holidays (sorry!) as they are just full of Brits Abroad. That said, for young children they are brilliant so there needs to be a compromise.

I would do Mexico if it had good reviews or have a look at other hotels with Thomson or First Choice kids clubs. We looked at Cyprus HV for next year but have ended up with another hotel that has good kids club and facilities.

BeginnerSAHM Tue 23-Jul-13 09:29:04

Hmmm - you can get 5 * Mexico for the same prices.... Don't fancy a 10 hour flight but Caribbean Sea and white beaches are quite appealing....

BeginnerSAHM Mon 22-Jul-13 09:02:50

Thank you both! Sounds good - much as I thought. I don't fancy rushing to the pool at 6 am to reserve sunbeds but I guess we just have to accept things will be busy.... And we'll definitely go out for a couple of days!

uselessinformation Sun 21-Jul-13 01:12:47

Adult activities and family activities too and if you don't want to join in then you don't have to. It is busy in school holidays but we have never been able to go out of school holidays so you just have to accept it and enjoy seeing how happy the children are. The holiday reps and entertainment reps we always found to be lovely too.

uselessinformation Sun 21-Jul-13 00:59:07

Brilliant for children -loads of activities around the pool and kids clubs are great. Kids love the evening entertainment too. Never heard any bad language or adults swearing at their children when we've been either. Try and do a trip so that the children can see a bit of the country they are in even if it's just a local walk. we have been to the aliathon Cyprus and the one in the algarve. Both lovely with great pools and kids water parks. Also been to lanzarote but they have moved from the site we were at.

BeginnerSAHM Sat 20-Jul-13 08:25:05

Hi - we're thinking of booking 2 weeks at one of these in August.... It's the first time we've been away in school holidays and our holiday requirements have changed rather a lot since having children, so we have no experience of what this sort of holiday might be like!

Has anybody been to a First choice holiday village (or more than one!)? Can anybody recommend any First Choice holiday village in particular? Considering Kos, Mallorca and turkey at the moment - prob not canaries.

DS is 5 and DD will be 4.

Thank you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now