Croatia - Pula, anyone been?

(4 Posts)
theoriginalandbestrookie Wed 10-Jul-13 08:35:22

We are trying to organise our group holiday for next summer. We have DCs between us who will range from 5 - 10 at the time of the trip.

Two families want a beach holiday, but the other family doesn't fancy it. So I thought maybe Pula might be a good compromise alternative. I'd like to know what the beaches are like, is it nice for eating out - do they offer child friendly food ( yes that is pizza and the like) and is there anywhere for sight seeing. We would be hiring a big villa so what's the standard of accommodation like?

Any advice gratefully received.

We camped in Pula about four years ago. The site we were on had a small grocery shop that sold just about everything familiar to DD, who at that point hadn't lived in the UK.
From what I remember, pizza was available along with fish and chips and if I'm not mistaken chicken nuggets.
It was a lovely country and we keep/kept meaning to go back.

theoriginalandbestrookie Wed 17-Jul-13 17:23:21

Thanks kreecher - villas are a leetle more expensive than I thought, but we are still looking.

We go every year, as we have a family-owned holiday flat in one of the villages along the coast there.

We (obviously!) love it. The beaches around there are absolutely beautiful (not sandy though - it's all stone/pebbles), sea is very clean.
There are lots of sports activities on offer if you like that kind of thing - windsurfing, biking, diving etc.

There are also some nice places to visit if you fancy doing something touristy: day trips by boat to nearby isalnds, plus of course the amazing Arena (roman amphitheatre) in Pula itself. There is also a Dinosaur Park thing about an hour from Pula iirc, which we are planning to go to for the first time this year.

Eating out food is standard mediterranean with strong Italian influence (lots of pizza and pasta), and a LOT of bbq/grilled meat (not v. easy as vegetarian tbh), but if you are self-catering there are great markets for fresh fruit/veg/meat/fish, plus good large supermarkets stocking pretty much everything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now