10 month old sun holiday on a budget - where to?

(6 Posts)
Purplelooby Sun 07-Jul-13 12:14:31

Can anyone suggest a good resort for a 10 month old? We would prefer a resort where there are plenty of kids running around, but not a party-town. Am I right in thinking that we would be better doing all-inc? We don't want it too hot, so we thought the canaries since they're a little cooler (we're looking for a late-deal so it will be mid-July), but on the otherhand we are concerned about the long flight. Considering our budget, we are pretty much looking at Tenerife or Majorca (possibly cheaper parts of Menorca or Fuerteventura), but any other suggestions would be well received!

P.S. we decided not to do a UK hol because DS can be over-faced with too many days out and he loves to sit outside.

Iwantmybed Sun 07-Jul-13 12:44:32

Canaries are hot. Probably around 30 degrees in the Summer.

specialsubject Sun 07-Jul-13 14:03:02

take next week off and go to the British seaside. Forecast is perfect.

Purplelooby Sun 07-Jul-13 20:06:27

So would we better taking the shorter flight and going to the Ballearics? Still hoping for resort suggestions...

Indeed we are visiting a British seaside next week, but back to the original question. Please please please? Anyone got suggestions?

sofi0308 Sun 07-Jul-13 20:33:09

how much do you want to spend? there are some great places on this list.. just message the top five and see what they have left

http://www.mumsnet.com/reviews/travel/hotels-in-europe

Purplelooby Sun 07-Jul-13 20:56:18

Thanks - I'll have a look. We are only looking at spending £400 pp including flights. There are plenty of holidays on Teletext hols but DH and I haven't really done package holidays (we normally either do a UK holiday or some independent travel) but with a 10 month old (and a fussy one at that) in tow we just want somewhere to relax and to not have to cook/clean! We really don't know anything about the resorts that are coming up on telextext...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now