lake garda - is it too late to find anywhere now?

(8 Posts)
cornypony Sat 06-Jul-13 12:14:47

has anyone got any recommendations for lake garda?
preferably a hotel (not too £££ though) that would suit teens

Bunbaker Sat 06-Jul-13 12:25:16

Not too late. I just booked a holiday for Sirmione earlier on this week. There were plenty of other holidays still available. Good luck.

We stayed here last time, but fancied a change. It ticked all the right boxes for us. The rooms were a little on the small side and the food was a little dull at times, but everything else about it more than made up for that. The pool area is nice, there is table football and table tennis, we were looked after so well by all the staff, the owner is lovely and a real character, the location is excellent as you are away from the hustle and bustle yet only 5 minutes from the lake front and it is only an hour from Verona airport.

We would definitely go back, but we fancied a change of scenery this time. I love Lake Garda.

cornypony Sat 06-Jul-13 13:49:00

thanks that looks great - I've emailed them

did you pay the hotel direct or go through a travel agent?

LaGuerta Sat 06-Jul-13 18:12:35

Offers on this one with Esprit:

www.espritsun.com/summer-holidays/lake-garda-italy/

Not been myself but did go skiing with them in the winter and they were good. I think the summer set up is a little different and this hotel is new for them this year, so no Esprit specific reviews on trip advisor. If you have teenagers, the childcare probably isn't relevant though.

Bunbaker Sun 07-Jul-13 10:54:15

We went on a package with First Choice, booked online, but they only do AI holidays now. I think Thompsons go there.

LIZS Sun 07-Jul-13 11:03:08

Depending what you want to do , the north (Riva/Torbole) is better for watersports and more mountainous, the south (Peschiera/Bardolino) more beachy and near the theme parks and Verona. We've been looking at Lakes and Mountains holidays recently and there are some still to be had although the more flexible on dates the better. Try Inghams as they include transfers in the main price - not all others such as Neilson do - and use scheduled airlines.

Ruffello Thu 11-Jul-13 18:58:29

We've made late bookings with Crystal Lakes & Mountains to various Lake Garda resorts and got some good deals.

cornypony Thu 11-Jul-13 20:54:07

thanks for all the advice smile
I love the look of the Hotel bunbaker linked

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now