authentic Restaurant for lunch in paris with 2dcs nr eiffel tower/louvre?

(8 Posts)

Hi, I am taking kids and dh into paris for a day this aug, planning to see eiffel tower, tuilleries gardens, louvre etc.

Would like for us all to have a really good lunch, 10 min-ish walk from any of these locations.

Would really appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you!

gandalfcat Thu 04-Jul-13 21:49:13

are you willing to splurge? I took DS to restaurant on 2nd level of Eiffel tower for lunch (lunch better value than dinner) - was expensive but have your own private lift, so avoided the massive queues for general admission. DS was about 11 yo at time, and he loved it (but he does love fine fine dining food)

gandalfcat Thu 04-Jul-13 21:52:28

Sorry, meant to say is called Jules Verne and the Chef Alan Ducasse is bit of a celebrity. The venue itself featured in the James Bond film with Grace Jones in it (view to a kill?) although has been re-modelled since then!

Slavetominidictator Thu 04-Jul-13 21:57:11

Marking place- want to know.

Oooh gandalf thats v tempting - will take a look
Thanks!

Hmm looks amazing but prob a bit too much of a slurge! Just discovered there are thousands of paris restaurants on TripAdvisor!

gandalfcat Thu 04-Jul-13 23:07:50

We were there for 5 days, and really half the fun is trying different restaurants - generally most we tried were fine/nice and despite the Parisian reputation, the waiters were generally very nice, especially to my DS, who wanted to try to order in (very)franglais. Found walking away from main tourist drags and into slightly more residential areas meant you were eating in local bistro type restaurants where locals ate, rather than pure tourist joints. Have a great time.

ceeveebee Thu 04-Jul-13 23:11:49

Cafe Marly in the louvre is very nice - great atmosphere, good food , not too pricey

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now