French gites, 14-21 (/13-22)September. Any families with 4 year old girls?

(7 Posts)
caramelgirl Wed 18-Sep-13 21:09:31

Okay, we are at Pavilion de St Agnan now. I think I would highly recommend it. We've rented the original house (the Pavilion) which is really lovely.
Nice decoration but also judicious use of good Ikea crockery etc., bedding all quite crisp and fresh smelling, towels decent (not white company but nice, not all bedraggled and sad).
Pool nice size, also a good playground and a zip wire and raised treehouse for all guests to share. Each cottage etc. has its own little outdoor space.
Rec room with toys, another TV and wifi. Nearby masseuse and a chef who will drop meals off for €12/head for huge main, big salad and dessert (truly huge portions, we are exceptionally greedy and I am ebfing a massive baby and we still got two meals out of each portion).
Best bit is that it is in the village so you can walk to the bakers and cafe and just about to the supermarket- tho' easier to drive to supermarket tbh). Running routes okay- I've been for a plod around the local lake but my husband has enjoyed his runs further afield.
Dutch owner v nice and helpful and his girls will babysit for €4/hr.

Downside? Weather has been truly awful! And only one friend for DD similar age thank goodness but Dutch so lots of parallel play- think would ave been far easier if was pool weather.

HTH!

caramelgirl Thu 12-Sep-13 16:14:21

And have booked villa pia for next July. Just need a good January winter sun option now..

caramelgirl Thu 12-Sep-13 16:12:56

Oops, am on kiss auto pilot. Sorry

caramelgirl Thu 12-Sep-13 16:12:16

We booked Pavilion de St Agnan in the end and fly out tomorrow! Will try to remember to report back xx

nickyyy Sat 17-Aug-13 22:47:03

Le Pavillon de St. Agnan looks nice for families and Tripadvisor has good reviews.

Has any one been here?

caramelgirl Tue 02-Jul-13 01:24:48

Oh, Grange du Moulin is apparently a MN Best so perhaps my research wasn't as painstakingly original as I first thought.
But both are well worth a look!

caramelgirl Mon 01-Jul-13 20:53:36

So we've found two good looking places to stay in September.
Either pavilion de st agnan or grange du moulin
Both places seem lovely, with nice owners, good tripadvisor reviews etc.
Neither are fully booked (slow season this year apparently) and so may not be rammed with potential playmates for DD. She can get on with most anyone, she will be gutted if no holiday playmates (as will we as we'll have to play princesses/pirates/monsters , rather than lounging around supervising lazily).
DH suggested I post here just in case anyone else is looking for gites in a cluster with heated pool,children's toys, dishwasher, washing machine etc.. Took a long while to find some we thought looked really good and not Country Kids expensive.
If so please do feel free to take a look at these and if you book I promise not to MN or holiday stalk you(!). Will just be v glad to not to be sitting outside in an empty complex for a week with a bored little girl (whilst bfing her little bro' non stop at this rate).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now