Please help me find an October half-term holiday, surely it shouldn't be this hard!!

(10 Posts)
SoftKittyWarmKitty Tue 02-Jul-13 13:53:54

That's £400 for all inclusive, by the way.

SoftKittyWarmKitty Tue 02-Jul-13 13:52:48

Thomas Cook's site gives you an 'I don't mind' into the destination field not that I've just been looking for myself, oh no. I know you said SC and not a big hotel but they have hols to Turkey for about £400 for half term from EMA & BHX. Not sure what the weather is like there at the end of Oct though - anyone know?

HuevosRancheros Tue 02-Jul-13 08:11:07

Sadly, EasyJet don't fly from East Midlands.
Will look at Cyprus, for some reason the canaries don't grab me, but I don't really now what's there.....maybe that's why!

Guess I will just have to trawl through East Mids' website to see when and where they fly. Yawn....

Thanks for your help though smile

girlywhirly Sun 30-Jun-13 08:27:35

Look also at Cyprus, and the Canary Islands for warm temps at the end of October.

Ragusa Sun 30-Jun-13 00:23:19

Yes, was going to suggest easyjet planner. That Will tell you what's available, at what cost.Yhink is prob best to find flights and then look for accom seperately.

If you're not proud grin large campsites might be a winner as they may have animation/ kids clubs during hols. And heated/ indoor pools.

WildThongsHeartString Thu 27-Jun-13 17:34:03

Warm during the day, fine for t shirts and shorts, but cardi or jumper needed at night for the stagger walk home wink

ShoeWhore Thu 27-Jun-13 17:07:12

I think Easyjet has a facility where you can put in where you want to fly from and it shows you the options and prices?

HuevosRancheros Thu 27-Jun-13 16:31:09

Brilliant, thanks smile
I assume from the fact that you've returned that the weather is OK at then end of October?

WildThongsHeartString Thu 27-Jun-13 16:29:01

We use Travel Republic for our October half term breaks. Mainly because its quite cheap (it uses low cost airlines which doesn't bother me). Last 2 years we've been to Portugal b&b in 'suite hotels' which turns out to be beautiful timeshare accommodation that hasn't been sold because of the economy.

Had a quick look there and flights from EM on the 26th are £281pp and loads of accom. choices. Hope you get something.

HuevosRancheros Thu 27-Jun-13 16:12:05

I would like to fly on Saturday 26th October, daytime flights, from East Midlands.
Really don't actually care/know where we want tomgo! We are two adults, two kids, who will be aged 3 and 5 1/2.
Would prefer self catering, somewhere small, rather than these all inclusive massive places
Not really asking for specific holidays (unless you have one to recommend!), just keen to find websites that let you search based on the above details. Most sites want you to know your destination, which is fair enough I suppose, but it seems a lot of airlines stop flying the week before, despite it being half term confused, which I thought would have been a profitable time to fly!

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now