Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

Restaurants in Venice

(10 Posts)

Appreciate that restaurants are going to be expensive especially in the main tourist areas, just wondered if anyone had stumbled across any good value places maybe a little off the beaten track in Venice itself and also in the surrounding areas. Thanks

Ragusa Wed 26-Jun-13 13:53:17

Oh, we found one - let me see if I can locate it. Yes, I think this was it:

www.ristoranteriviera.it/index.htm

I am not sure that it was reasonable, but the food was very nice. There are lots and lots of cafes and they aren't all crazy prices - you just have to look around a bit.

Thank you Ragusa, the menu looks lovely.

makemineapinot Sat 29-Jun-13 22:19:06

We found loads just by wandering around and reading menus! Found that by St Marks Sq it was much cheaper to ave a stink in a place with plastic seats and tables ather than the one ext our with wooden seats and tables!! Venice s amazing - enjoy it!!! Take the number 2 water boat to San Giorgio across from St Marks and go up the bell tower for some amazing views!

Suttonmum1 Sat 29-Jun-13 22:29:48

We had toasted sandwich style lunch for 4 of us just near Doge's palace inc drinks for Eu20-25 if I remember rightly and that is v good for that area. it was at Birerria Forst which you can find on Trip Advisor. That was seated too, with the kids, not take away.

Bunbaker Sun 30-Jun-13 19:15:25

Bear in mind that most if not all restaurants charge a cover charge and items like potatoes/vegetables etc are extra, so if you ordered a steak you will just get a steak and nothing else.

Hi just seen these responses, thank you.

amothersplaceisinthewrong Mon 01-Jul-13 16:56:18

Walk away from St marks square up into the back streets and there are some really good value places

Yes, that's what we plan to do. Just wondered if anyone had done that and stumbled across a gem

forevergreek Mon 01-Jul-13 17:06:34

Go west of st marks Square and at the next main square there are some lovely places fr breakfast/ lunch/ dinner / ice cream

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now