Restaurants in Venice

(10 Posts)
lilolilmanchester Tue 25-Jun-13 22:18:32

Appreciate that restaurants are going to be expensive especially in the main tourist areas, just wondered if anyone had stumbled across any good value places maybe a little off the beaten track in Venice itself and also in the surrounding areas. Thanks

Ragusa Wed 26-Jun-13 13:53:17

Oh, we found one - let me see if I can locate it. Yes, I think this was it:

www.ristoranteriviera.it/index.htm

I am not sure that it was reasonable, but the food was very nice. There are lots and lots of cafes and they aren't all crazy prices - you just have to look around a bit.

lilolilmanchester Thu 27-Jun-13 11:46:06

Thank you Ragusa, the menu looks lovely.

makemineapinot Sat 29-Jun-13 22:19:06

We found loads just by wandering around and reading menus! Found that by St Marks Sq it was much cheaper to ave a stink in a place with plastic seats and tables ather than the one ext our with wooden seats and tables!! Venice s amazing - enjoy it!!! Take the number 2 water boat to San Giorgio across from St Marks and go up the bell tower for some amazing views!

Suttonmum1 Sat 29-Jun-13 22:29:48

We had toasted sandwich style lunch for 4 of us just near Doge's palace inc drinks for Eu20-25 if I remember rightly and that is v good for that area. it was at Birerria Forst which you can find on Trip Advisor. That was seated too, with the kids, not take away.

Bunbaker Sun 30-Jun-13 19:15:25

Bear in mind that most if not all restaurants charge a cover charge and items like potatoes/vegetables etc are extra, so if you ordered a steak you will just get a steak and nothing else.

lilolilmanchester Mon 01-Jul-13 16:54:31

Hi just seen these responses, thank you.

amothersplaceisinthewrong Mon 01-Jul-13 16:56:18

Walk away from St marks square up into the back streets and there are some really good value places

lilolilmanchester Mon 01-Jul-13 17:00:28

Yes, that's what we plan to do. Just wondered if anyone had done that and stumbled across a gem

forevergreek Mon 01-Jul-13 17:06:34

Go west of st marks Square and at the next main square there are some lovely places fr breakfast/ lunch/ dinner / ice cream

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now